10| Hot Chocolate

Can you take a wild guess before reading 

why is the chapter's name hot chocolate?😜

A bumper 4k plus chapter. I had to give up my sleep and free time for it🙈

Enjoy reading 🌸
***
|| The right conversation, with the right person can set even the most wrong, right ||

🔹🔹🔹

A nasty storm was brewing over the Arabian sea which threatened to take away the cemented coast with it. With gusty winds and thunderous rains, it looked like the gods were taking out some sort of vengeance on the human kind. Although it was five in the evening, but seeing the dark grey sky one could bet it was midnight.

Mumbai, was already on red alert for the night was going to be the heaviest. The tempest could worsen or get better, there was nothing in between the two extremes. It had flown past that moment where things could balance. It was just this way or that now. Acceptance or denial.

In one of those marvellous high rises, along the floor lenght windows glistened with the reflection of a petite figure, boring its eyes into nothingness, staring at the abyss. Her face remained stoic and devoid of any emotions for her mind housed a myriad of them. Looking at those grey clouds, she was trying to find a silver lining, just one straw of of hope but all what amassed in front of her was heaps of fraught.

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since, the confrontation happened. Two weeks since, Manik asked Nandini to take his hand and let go of the past. Two weeks since Nandini froze on hearing him and watched him retreat through the shiny doors of the same cabin, taking a part of her along and leaving behind a blank canvas of a human. Two weeks since she was in the dilema of whether there is something left of them or her insecurities have cost her everything.

Unlike the perception, she was aware of what she has caused. She very well knew, how her ill temperament and inability to contain her anger and thoughts have ruined whar could be a perfect fairytale for her. She, in her whole life ahead, irrespective of whatever happens, will never forget how those shiny brown orbs, which competed with stars, lost their shine and shimmer, and in its place stood sheer anguish.

The turbulence in her mind, the inner conflict, the agitation that Nandini has went through in the past two weeks was beyond describable. It scared her to even think if these were her emotions then in what turmoil and glum would Manik be.

To take her out from the wallows of grief came Payal, "Nandini ma'am...the clients are here". No matter how troubled her personal life be going, she somehow managed to move forward professionally. Nandini's has always taken the tag of a leader very dutifully. She may give up food and water but will lead her team till she breathes her last, for that's what a leader does!

Nandini gave a small nod to Payal and watched her reciprocate a sympathetic smile towards her. Ah! Sympathy! A feeling she hated. She loathed this word. It used to remind her of her early struggles, where she was helpless and aimless. But, there wasn't anything else that one could offer her right now other than that.

Taking a sip of water, she composed her self a little, rather assembled all the pieces that were left behind of her. And, then with long breathless strides, she followed Payal into the conference room of the office, ready to be a rock.

"Ma'am shall I accompany you inside?", after having worked for Nandini for almost 5 years, Payal was well aware of all her shades. From seeing a hard task stony boss to seeing the blushing teen girl around Manik, she has seen it all, and also heard it all.