1| A Changed Life

|| Live your life, like you wanted it from a long time ||

🔹🔹🔹

Mumbai, India

"Forbes India Business Awards"

The banner hanging at the main entrance of Taj Lands End read. The presence of prominent personalities and media gave away the importance of the event.

The main function had already started in the main hall of the hotel which was filled with business giants, eminent personalities from sports and cinema, politicians and many more. At one end of the hall, on the stage, a petite lady stood with the Prime Minister accepting an award.

The lady carried a very grateful smile on her face while her eyes twinkled with pride. Though it was a business award night, she looked no less than a pageant queen in the beautiful saree that she wore. The small stones that were studded on the skirt glittered like her eyes. She would not be more than 5'4 in height but her heels gave her an extra 4 inches. In all, she looked absolutely ravishing.

She reached the podium, where she was supposed to give a thank you speech

She reached the podium, where she was supposed to give a thank you speech. Thousand pair of eyes stared at her, some familiar some not, but all eager to hear what she has to say.

"Ahem...Good evening ladies and gentlemen", she stopped to gave a generous smile to the audience. "So I have been requested by the organisers here to speak a few words unlike other functions where I was not able to mark my presence or was a mute spectator", she chuckled. She was telling the truth. She never liked attending all these functions. Even the organisers were surprised when she actually accepted the invitation and came personally to take her award.

"I know I am supposed to give business tips here but I would like to talk about something else... something more important", she smiled at the amused faces in the audience. "I want to talk about life", she was known as a mysterious personality who doesn't like talking more than required. All her interactions earlier have been precise and tight, revealing only the required.

"For me, life has always been full of accidents... accidents that changed my perception about living life. For majority of my life till date, I have been breathing just for the sake of living not actually living", the words that were coming out from her mouth have actually been long hidden in her heart.

"I was in search of something. Something that I was not aware of even", every word that she uttered confused the audience more and more. No one was able to interpret what was she trying to tell. "There was a void...in me. A hollow deep inside my conscious...I totally surrendered the past 10 years of my life in building up an industry, from scratch...on my own, thinking that maybe this will fill that hole".

She took a pregnant pause there and smiled her soothing smile. "I was the stupidest when I thought that", she labelled herself quite easily earning a collective gasp. "I truly was a fool who was trying to seek peace in material realities", she shifted her stance from one leg to another.