3| Those Familiar Eyes

|| Some eyes touch you more than hands ever could ||

🔹🔹🔹

*

Silver Notes Office*

The walk towards the conference room was completed in absolute silence. It was so uncommon for Manik and Nandini to be so quiet when in each other's company. If they aren't talking then usually they have their hands on each other or have a plastered smile on their faces.

As Nandini saw the conference room approaching she stopped in her steps. Manik however, was too lost in his thoughts to notice Nandini's absence which was rare. He was someone who kept people he loved before himself any time. It was when he turned to ask her something that he realized that she was not beside him.

"What happened Manik?", Nandini asked even though she knew the answer. "Nothing", Manik tried to laugh it off, "No way I am taking this", she stated in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone. The scrunched brows and narrowed eyes told him there was no way he was going without giving a proper answer.

In almost one year of their relationship Manik never told, Nandini when he was disappointed. He would always supress it within himself. Though she was always able to figure out, Nandini wanted Manik to voice his displeasure out loud to her.

"I am just...disappointed. I really wanted to spend some time with you. Alone. It's been so long since we went on a romantic date", finally Manik blurted his sentiments out. On one side Nandini was happy with him vocalising while on the other, the hurt look on Manik's face distressed her. She wanted to relief him of this hurt but she had her hands tied. "I am really very sorry Manik...", Nandini was about to go on another sorry rant when Manik intervened, "Nandu... let's finish this soon".

To say that Nandini wasn't tormented by this would be false, but she knew exactly what needs to be done to balance the things. She did not say anything else to him, just smoothened the collar of his blazer, making him look spotless. As he moved inside, she messeged Payal to arrange for their lunch at Eden. If things can't go Manik's way she can atleast try to mend it in her way.

"Anyway who are we meeting?", Manik asked upon entering the empty conference room

"Anyway who are we meeting?", Manik asked upon entering the empty conference room. Their client was supposed to arrive in another 5 minutes. "It's some Mr. Surya from US. They have shown interest in working with us and even we were planning for expansion so this came out as a good opportunity", Nandini explained everything in a jist to him.

Just as Nandini finished giving the summary, Nandini's assistant, Payal informed that their client has arrived. Taking a deep breath, Nandini quickly went over the presentation in her head, before turning to flash a smile at Manik and asked him, "Ready?". "With you, I am always ready", he replied once again taking her heart away. Manik will never do something to discourage Nandini even when he is not in his best moods. That is how deeply Manik felt for her. "Let's crack this", he said taking her hands in his.