18| A Comedy of Errors

I honestly don't know how this has turned out to be but I'll let you all be the judge

~•~

|| Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast ||

~•~

To say the least, Malhotra Mansion was no less than a buzzing New York Times Square at that moment.

From Raj to Hades, each member of that so-called 'small family' of eleven was present in the living room. The mighty powerful duo, which was yet to arrive, had messaged them and asked to assemble there as soon as they could.

"What might be the reason behind them asking us to meet here?" questioned Mukti, munching on popcorn garnished with chocolate. Well you can blame that on her cravings. "It better be for apologizing. They both just vanished from here. Can you believe bhai hasn't contacted us since his birthday?" Amyrah chipped in with her opinion.

"Let those two come. They'll have it from me", the rather mellowed Nyonika was roaring with anger. And for a change, Raj was happy that it wasn't because of him and won't be vented on him. Also, he internally wished well for his son and his girlfriend because no one, I repeat, no one escapes his wife's anger.

"There could have been a situation there. Manik usually...", before Abhimanyu could, as usual, save his little brother some trouble, Cabir who sat beside Mukti eating from the tub, butted in, "Abhi man, for the first time, I'll see Manik getting beaten up by aunty. Can't you see how excited I am? Please don't spoil my drama film".

In past times, Manik was never the one who would get in trouble. He wasn't innocent as many believe, in fact, he was the naughtiest. But those charming innocent eyes of his, always bailed him out of punishment. And Cabir, with that joker face, would always be held responsible even if he had no idea about it. After years he would be getting his revenge and he just cannot wait for it.

"Cabir, I still feel Manik will be able to escape", Not only Alya but also Mukti felt the same. "I agree with them", Amyrah too believed that Nyonika Malhotra beating her most favourite child, was a talk of another life.

"Be positive ladies! If he hasn't been beaten up before, he certainly hasn't done this before too", how much Cabir wanted the dream he was seeing to turn into reality.

"Hello people!"

"And the movie starts", Cabir gleamed.

~•~

When Manik and Nandini landed back in Mumbai, it was a mutual decision of the couple to drop the news to their families the moment they reached. They had planned accordingly too. While Manik prepared to assemble his side of the family, Nandini messaged the two most important people, to reach the Malhotra mansion as soon as they could.

Along with those two, another message was sent to a third, least expected party requesting his presence too. The surprising fact however was that Manik didn't know about this third person being called.

"Ready?", asked Manik as he gave his hand to Nandini as they reached the Mansion. "Yes! Absolutely", the excitement was evident in her and Manik was thrilled about it. You don't see a bubbly Nandini Murthy everyday, do you?

The househelp informed the two of the group being present in the main living room, and they didn't waste another moment to be on their way there.

"Hello people!"

Manik expected a welcome. A nice warm welcome. And so did Nandini.

Just what they didn't expect was Nyonika standing there, looking furious, almost like a raging Bull, ready to tear someone apart in two. Behind her, stood the rest, Abhimanyu and Raj had a somewhat consoling look while the rest sported a cunning smirk.