24 | The Conversation

Better late then never. Sorry for delaying.

~•~

|| Sometimes reel is real and real is reel. All what we have to do is break the mirror to find the truth ||

~•~

Human mind is unprecedented and unpredictable. It will show you one path and then lead you to another. It doesn't care if moments before it directed you not to take that very same road. And we let it slide by saying 'What can go wrong?".

The answer to this question, more than often, is, 'Everything'. Everything can go wrong with one wrong step, one wrong assumption and one wrong person. And Manik right here was stuck in an exactly same whirlpool.

He had been very brave to stand up to Nandini, almost demanding her to talk to her mother, and he was very much still on his point but he couldn't help that silver of a doubt that was starting to cloud his senses. What if she actually isn't what she is appearing to be? He tried to pacify his brains with the same answer. Nothing.

But the ominous gut feeling just refused to leave his side. Manik did the best to hide his anxiousness still, sitting in that humongous conference room, with Arveena a little more than a foot away, made it impossible.

Nandini had bowed to his demands after he reminded her of Surya. Just saying those words had hurted his heart but he had prevailed over it. Her agreement though, came with a condition that the meeting will be recorded and carried on in a professional setting. The main conference room of Silver Notes had come in quite handy.

While Manik did retort, he had to keep his foot down because Nandini refused to budge. It was this or nothing. In the end, Manik was ready to sacrifice that much if it meant she would give her mother a chance.

Now, here they were, waiting with bated breaths for a storm named Nandini to arrive and either sweep them off their feet and leave destruction behind or to shred the misunderstandings apart and start a new life which they both have been longing for. Hopefully.

While Manik had tried to make a good sport out of it, Arveen knew his daughter too much to believe all those dilly dallyings. None of Manik's 'It's okay' and 'It will be fine' made sense to her. Why will it anyway? She knew her daughter inherited her stubbornness.

The case was that they both were equally nervous and were trying not to show it to the other person, just so at least one can be at ease. However, their nervousness got the better of them the very moment when the knob of the door turned and flew open, revealing the rigid frame of Nandini.

She came in looking like a slab of stone cold ice. From head to toe, Nandini was covered in black like she was mourning. A heavy loss. She adorned a black shirt, a pair of black pants, black stilettos and an even blacker heart which was enough to knock off all the confidence that Manik had built up, into the trash can.