11| A Hug That Matters

|| A tight hug is peace in disguise ||

🔹🔹🔹

"You will remain strong, you will stand strong beside your mumma"

"He is so bad...he left us alone...who will be there for me Nandini?"

"Nandu, let him shoot me, save Dhruv"

""I love you Nandu...leave all this business and make me proud...I believe in you"

All that Nandini could think about were these; these words which remain etched in her memories forever. Twelve years might have been enough to heal the wounds these words have inflicted but the scars, they still remained to tell the daunting tale.

This series of bone chilling remembrance was held up when a gentle touch brought Nandini back to the reality. "Ma'am we are ready for de-boarding", the airhostess said giving her usual polite smile to her. Nandini however stared on as if woken up from a nightmare, "Huh?".

"Ma'am we are here at the Luchthaven Zaventem Airport", she notified. Looking out from the window of her charter plane, the sprawl of white covered land came in Nandini's sight. "It's here", she murmured to herself. It indeed was. Now was time for her to move and conquer the ghost of the past that she has been avoiding since years.

She was here; back to the place where she fled from. She was back at the same airport from where she took a flight to India when eighteen and has never looked backed since. Yet, here she was, for the sake of her love, for the sake of her tomorrow trying to let go of yesterday.

Bidding a courteous goodbye to the staff that attended to her, she stepped out onto the flight of stairs which led her to the ground. The icy winds took her hairs with them, sprawling them across her face which she did not take pains to remove. She was there to take the person who will lovingly remove them.

Nandini pulled the two ends of her black overcoat closer to each other, shielding her chest from the direct winds, but was it just the breeze that she was trying to protect herself from or was it the memories?

Even though the path in front of Nandini was absolutely clear, without any hurdle; there were mental chains holding her back. Too many 'What ifs' were floated around in her head. Call it her fear, nervousness or anything, it was evident by the beads of sweat that appeared on her forehead, when the temperature was below zero.

She has travelled thousands of kilometres, but there was this one last push which was needed to make her travel those extra miles that lead to Manik.

That inevitable push came. It came in an unthinkable form but it came. That push was a proof that Manik and Nandini are not yoked by mind or body, but by something too pure for anyone to understand. By some force, by some magic, by some enchantment, Manik sensed her and her need of him.