13| The Waffel Shop

Hello people!! I am back here. First of all, thank you so much everyone, each one of you, for being so patient with me. I am not someone who updates very regularly, but I promise to be as regular as I can be.

Secondly, A big hug of gratitude to everyone who supported me when I was going through a difficult phase. All the negativity and pessimism that was around me, I lived without it here.

Thank you. Thank you so much❤️

Also, gather your tissues because it's going to be an emotional roller coaster henceforth, till a few more chapters.

~~~

|| Sometimes happy memories can hurt the most ||

🔹🔹🔹

Leaning onto the ledge of the balcony, watching the sun rise upto it's zenith was one of Nandini's absolutely favourite thing, no matter where in the world. After a relaxing, passionate night, this was all she could ask for, and was getting indeed.

Nandini was still in Manik's discarded shirt from last night, irrespective of the cold freezing winds that blew past her. She didn't seem to mind them.

She was lost in her own realm, until a pair of hands wrapped themselves around her along with a blanket giving the much needed warmth. Nandini did not have to guess, there was only one person who can do this.

"Thanks", she muttered wrapping the sheets closely to herself alongside shifting a little closer to the taut chest of her man, "I didn't want my girlfriend to die freezing". Nandini passed on a good for nothing glare, which Manik dodged very easily.

"So what are you thinking?", Nandini wanted to reply with a 'nothing' but something held her back. Instead, she smiled at a far way distant stretch of green and replied, "Just watching how a place can be both. Sinful yet so beautiful".

Manik, understanding the hidden meaning behind her words, sighed, "I am sorry Nandini". His out of the blue apology made her head turn to his direction. "Why are you saying sorry?", her furrowed brows and deep hazel eyes stared at Manik with confusion.

"Because of me, you're here. You came here for me", in his head, when Manik had decided to make Nandini travel to this forbidden City, it had looked easier. Yesterday, when she was actually here, he was able to see things a little differently.

He noticed how she was trembling when he held her in his arms. He noticed how her curious eyes darkened as they passed through the streets. He noticed that pause that she took before stepping out of the car. He noticed them all, but had refrained from talking it out aloud yesterday. Today however, the guilt seemed to have burdened him to an extent that he couldn't keep it in anymore.

"Nooo Manik. You don't have to apologise for it", she shook her head frantically. Nandini cannot have Manik feel guilty about something he not at fault. "You are right in your thinking. I have avoided this place for long enough time, but...".

"But?", with bated breaths Manik waited for Nandini to continue. Looking at the distortions her face had while she strung together words, he understood that whatever she is going to speak has had her thinking a lot about it. She has battled the two sides of consciousness, to arrive at it and maybe much more.

And when she spoke, Manik was proved to be true. "But I guess...I am not ready to face everything all at once. Just being in this city has had me...all anxious and...", Nandini paused to have a look at Manik. With softened look in his eyes and the worried wrinkles on his forehead that yearned to be softened, Nandini was sure that Manik mirrors his thoughts.