5| A Piece of Advice

Thank you for lovely birthday wishes everyone! Every wish means a lot ❤️

|| Let it fly alone when it starts to weigh you down ||

🔹🔹🔹

“Gosh Hades!!”, whinnied Nandini admid bouts of laughter from Aryaman and Hades. Nandini hid her face in her plams for, Hades would not stop telling all her embarassing childhood stories.

In the past one hour that the trio was settled on the terrace, Hades had been telling them about their childhood, the better part of it.

Though Nandini and Manik had decided to spend the night together in Malhotra Mansion, she had to come back to the Murthy Mansion on Aryaman's request of the three people spending some time together and walking down memory lane.

With sudden guilty pangs that hit her when she realized how her time with Aryaman had went on decreasing, she had to make Manik agree to let her go for the night. Even on remembering the tantrums that he threw made her smile. He agreed only after she made a promise to him of spending her weekend with him, ONLY HIM.

“And Aryaman you don't laugh at her atleast”, Hades' words brought her out of the reverie. “I remember what a tough time you gave Anjana. You both were such picky eaters”, Hades smiled to the two people sitting in front of him.

“That we still are”, Aryaman passed a gleeful smile to Hades and a notorious one to Nandini. Surely the childishness from Aryaman hasn't completely disappeared.

“Yeah you just eat my brain peacefully”, Nandini retorted to his words. “Nandini you forgot your top floor is empty...what will I eat?”, Aryaman earned a pillow strike soon after, making everyone erupt in laughter.

This was just the start of a never ending bickering. To summarise the relationship between siblings in a line- they will fight with you for a piece of cake but will gladly give their kidney if you require. That's how every sibling bond is ever. Similarly Nandini and Aryaman can be utterly childish at times, but when situation demands they can be the best of business brains.

While taking the journey down the forlorn memory lanes, a specific place drew attention from Nandini. It was not a question that had not struck her mind before. It was there, in the deep wallows of her heart but her mind had refused to send it to her tongue. Moreover, she had no one who could answer it. Even after Hades' return she tried to ask him about it but everytime, something or the other forced her to bring it up some other time.

Today, felt like that day. Nandini was sure that bringing up this topic right now would destroy the tempo of this night and it will end soon after it but the limit till which she could contain her self was nearing its end. It had to be asked to today and it had to be answered today.

“Hades”, she called out, turning their attention to her. “What happened to Alpha Zee after we left?”, there came the daunting question which they were trying to dodge. The sombre clouds that gathered over the lively discussion revealed how grave the question and its answer was. There was a silent exchange of glances well hidden from Nandini's eyes, after which Hades began.

“After you guys left...for a few days I stayed back, in a hope that we will find you both. We sent our groups to all the countries we could feel you guys can go, including India but we couldn't find you guys”, Hades was not looking specifically at something. He was staring at nothing in particular, just looking at the grey skies and twinkling stars.

“After almost an year of searching and loosing every hope of finding you two...even I left the Alpha Zee. I had promised Rehaan that I will guard you and execute everything that escapes your lips, but when the reason for my promise was no more there... what would have i done staying?”, Nandini has no idea that Hades left soon after they had. This was one shocking piece of information for her.