21| Nivaan

|| A baby's smile is the purest thing you'll ever witness ||

~•~

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms, barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song..."

The soft tunes of the song played in the background as Manik and Nandini danced their night away. Similar to the song, their footwear were lying somewhere else and they both, barefoot were having the time of their life.

"This is that moment in my life where I can say I've achieved what i wanted", Manik's sudden thought made Nandini open her eyes and move her head away from his chest to look into his eyes. "What else do we need in life?"

"Love", he eyed her. "Food", he said gesturing towards their empty plates. "And music. That's it".

Though Nandini wanted to add 'Money' in that list, she refrained from doing so. Why bring him out of his utopia in such a pure moment?

"I wish I could spend my life like this. You in my arms and us dancing under the starry sky"

Nandini smiled at the purity of Manik's thought. It wasn't hard pleasing him. Anything could make Manik happy, even the slightest of actions done with true heart were more than enough for him. And Nandini admired that. In a world like ours, it is indeed impossible to find people like him who viewed world through another lense.

Their much romantic moment was disturbed by the ringing of Nandini's phone.

"Argh!! Who is calling? I told everyone not to call. Everyone knows why we're here!", Manik was lamenting at the disruption. He quite literally had warned everyone, from Abhimanyu to Payal to not let any phone call disturb their night together. He wanted things to be perfect,"Let it ring Nandini".

"Look Manik it's Mutki", waving the phone in front of his eyes Nandini showed him. "Another hormone driven tantrum is coming our way", Manik though whinnied but gave in seeing Nandini's puppy eyes.

"Hel..."

"The baby's coming"

"What!?"

"But your due date is still two weeks later right?", Manik did a quick mental calculation. "Then go give the baby a calender and push him in!!!", sassiness ran in the blood of Malhotra ladies, especially when they were on an emotional high.

"Okay okay Mukti calm down. Where is Abhi?", The more calm headed Nandini asked. "Had Abhi been here why would I have called you both!!", it was worthless asking her question.

"Abhi isn't here and you both are nearest to me. Make babies after I have pushed out mine",

Manik and Nandini glanced at each other, stunned to say the least. "Aahhh!!", a cry of pain from the other end of the mobile forced Manik and Nandini out of their thoughts. "We are coming Mukti. Just wait on the line".

Manik quickly refered to Mukti's location showing on the screen as they both moved out with the speed of a bullet.

"Oh shit!"

"What happened?", the two ladies asked Manik. The look Nandini saw on his face, it alerted her. "We don't have a car here".

"Abhi dropped me here and you came with Cabir", Nandini looked on in disbelief. The guy who has atleast five cars to his name's didn't have any at his disposal during an emergency like this.

"Manik you stupid!! Get an Uber, get an Ola, get a helicopter but come here",

"Mukti yaar...", before Manik could utter something that may aggravate an already hyper Mukti, Nandini intervened, " Mukku you don't listen to his non sense, stay calm we're coming even if on foot".