14| Coalesced Sentiments

A big surprise awaits you in this chapter. Maybe the most unpredictable one. 

🔹🔹🔹

|| Hold my hand and
I'll walk hell with you ||

🔹🔹🔹

“Are you sure?”, Manik's voice came out shaky, with happiness or with despair, he didn't know. On one side, there was this surge of delight that Nandini finally feels herself to be brave enough to face something that has been the cause of the doom for her lineage, and on the other hand was this question. ‘If what happens next, breaks Nandini, then is he brave enough to handle her?’.

Had this been a question of two years back, Manik would have gladly accepted her verdict. With the position Nandini was in two years back emotionally, she had already hit the rock bottom. But this Nandini, she was a result of Manik's love, care, determination and perseverance. And he certainly was not ready to let it go downhill. Manik needed some more assurance from her.

“You know why I was refusing to go there?”, Nandini didn't tear her gaze away from the serene river Senne that flowed quietly through the town. “I was scared that I will lose myself again if I come face to face with everything that had once destroyed me. This...this version of me, which is the boon of your resolve will slip away like sand”, though absolute wonder struck at how she was able to guess what he is thinking, Manik nodded to let her continue.

“And I was not ready to let that happen. I don't want you to go through the path of reviving me again”

There are some moments wherein your realise the depths of a person's love for you. In that moment, sitting in a thronging boulevard, surrounded by jarring crowd, Manik could feel the profundity of Nandini's love.

All the through these two years, Manik has kept doing his share of sacrifices for Nandini and their relationship, but he seldom looked at her side of the battle. While he was battling externalities, Nandini was at war with herself. And a war with yourself is never an easy fight.

Whenever the darker side of her concious tried to lure her in itself, she raged a combat within her. Those weren't driven by her own desire to flourish, rather with his desire of bringing her, even remotely closer to what she used to be . All the enhancement that she has brought about in herself, in such a short period of time, forgoing the long aching scars of her past; those were for him, for his love, for his sake.

No doubt Manik loved Nandini more than anything in the world, but when time came for him to choose between himself and her, he, at the first thought choose himself while Nandini. She has been choosing him over her, since a long long time without either of them realising that.

When it comes to Nandini, Manik has always had the right words to soothe her but today, Nandini's word had rendered him speechless. He was out of remarks. 

Gathering himself somehow, Manik managed to pull up Nandini along with him from the bench they were sitting on. The tips of his nails dug inside Nandini's coat, that she could feel it on her skin. There was hardly any distance between them. With his hot breath fanning her face he said, “Look into my eyes Nandini”, his commanding voice compelled Nandini to gaze back on his resolute face.

“Till the time I'm breathing, you don't need to worry about falling into the same space. I will never let that happen, and even if against all odds it does happen, I'll be more than willing to bring you back to me, to us”