17| Au Revoir

__krinalP_ Vihaana1ahir

Thank you for those inline comments ❤️

AsthaVerma92. sharonselan bhoomi_kothari TeesaKhatua6. Faiza008 Ngkpmqr _manan_tales_ The_Phoenix_16

And thanks to you all too for keeping me motivated through your comments. It's really heartwarming 💮

***

|| You don't need closure. You just need to give yourself permission to move on ||

***

Those two minutes of a massive nervous breakdown, that Manik saw Nandini have, were probably the worst two minutes he has seen till now.

It had not even wildly occurred to him that her running away to the backyard will lead to something like this. He didn't know the connection after all. Only when he had seen North break out in a panic run, shouting 'Madame', that he realised something had happened.

All he could see, in those few moments he got, was how tightly Nandini had shut her eyes and ears. As if trying to block something from coming her way. The scream that left her mouth was a painful one, like someone is giving her physical torment.

And as quickly that trauma had begun,it ceased.

A frail Nandini, laid over the grass, looking paler than ever. The enraged heaving of her chest died down slowly, as it resumed its rhythm. She appeared calm away from the chaos that had just happened.

The two men had rushed inside, with Nandini's unconscious body dangling in Manik's arm. A series of calls and many medical consultations later, it became clear that Nandini had fainted out of a panic attack that was triggered by the sudden return of anxious memories.

With Manik inside, she had no one to calm her down. The best option out there was surrendering to the woes. And that's what she did.

The next two three hours went in a haze for Manik as he waited for Nandini to regain consciousness. Even though the doctors had very clearly told him that there was absolutely nothing to be worried about. Can Manik take a breath if his Nandini laid on the bed with a blanched face and cold palms?

Painstakingly, he has been sitting right beside her, rubbing her palms with his and kissing them, waiting for her to open those beautiful eyes so that he can find some peace for himself. In the same room, occupying the farthest corner, stood North, with a seemingly neutral face. Even if there was some kind of worry for Nandini in him, he managed to hide it from Manik's eyes.

"Manik?"Nandini's meek and shaky voice filled the room with joy.

Finally, Manik could afford a sigh of relief. "Nandini? Are you okay? Does your head hurt or something? Do you feel pain anywhere?'' Nandini was, in an instant, overwhelmed with questions after questions from Manik.

Instead of answering his question, she beckoned him to come and sit on the bed beside her. Though a little taken aback, Manik hadn't denied her request.