Chapter 15

The room was bright and white. I sat up and looked around in a panic. What? Where was I? I felt two hands on my shoulder. I was gently pushed back to lay down.

"Shh, it's ok, Scarlett."

Adnan was standing over me. Now I remembered. I was in the hospital with a concussion. My memory must have been affected by it, probably one of the symptoms or something. I rested and looked at him.

"Did you sleep in that chair all night?"
"Yeah."
"Why?"
"Because..." He paused for a second, "I couldn't leave you all alone. I need to watch over you and make sure you're ok. I care about you."
"Really?" He did?
"I don't want anything bad happening to you, for the next week or so, I'm here to take care of you."
"Adnan, that's sweet of you to offer, but I can take care of myself."

I tried to prove to him that I could by standing up on my own. The room started to spin and I could have sworn I saw stars. I tumbled into Adnan arms, he caught me just before I hit the floor. He pulled me back up and sat me down on the bed. After, he sat next to me with his arm around me for support.

"What was that? You need to rest, Scarlett!"
"I was trying to prove to you that I could take care of myself..."
"Don't be embarrassed or anything," those words mad my face feel even more hot and it was probably bright red, "it's ok, I'm always here for you."
"Thanks."
"You stay right here, don't try and pull any crazy stunts while I'm gone. I'm going to check if it's ok for us to leave now. Let me find the doctor."

He left the room and it was silent. I sat, watching the door and waiting for it to open again. A few minutes later, it did open and Adnan came in.

"We're all set. Let's get you up."

With his help, I slipped on my coat and got up. I had an arm around his shoulder and he helped me keep my balance. Together, we hobbled out of the hospital and he got me seated in his car. I closed my eyes and rested during the car ride home. The drive wasn't too long and we were back home.

"Come on, let's get you in the house."

Once again, I needed his assistance to stand and walk. We got into the house and I laid down on the couch. I wanted something to drink, so Adnan went to go get me a cup of water. All of a sudden, I started to feel dizzy again. The room spun in slow circles and I felt like I was going to fall of the couch.

"Adnan," I said, with panic in my voice.
"What is it?"
"The room, it's spinning again..."

He rushed to my side and put the water on the table next to us. He fixed the pillow that was under my head and pushed my hair out of my face. I had a sharp pain in my head. It felt like someone was stabbing me... Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration. This headache didn't help with the dizziness.

"Am I going to be ok?"
"Yes. Just rest and you'll be all better in no time."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive."
"I'm not feeling too good."
"I know... If I could switch places with you, I'd do it in a heartbeat."
"That's sweet, but you know that's not possible." My voice was soft and weak.
"I wish it was, I feel so bad for you. You're in so much pain."
"Ugh... I know..."

My whole body ached. I was dizzy, my head hurt, and now, I felt like I was going to throw up. Great. Exactly what I needed. I turned around, so my back was facing Adnan. He sat on the ground and rubbed my back. It did help. The environment of our home and being with him made me feel a lot more comfortable and safe. I was glad to be in the comfort of my own home.

"Adnan?" I said quietly.
"Yeah?"
"Can you help me upstairs?"
"Of course."

I got up and tried to get upstairs. I wobbled around, but Adnan helped me keep my balance. He tucked me in bed and let me rest. Once again, he kneeled down next to me, making sure I was ok. I was just resting, I didn't sleep. Partially because I wanted to see what Adnan would do. Also, because I couldn't block out the pain to sleep.

The whole time, Adnan just sat there, silently. He was watching over me. He shuffled around in his spot, occasionally, but he never got up and moved. I wondered how long he would keep it up. He'd get tired and bored at some point and leave.

An hour passed... Two hours now.

I couldn't take it. Just secretly watching Adnan take the time to watch me. It was so sweet. He didn't have to do this anymore. I stretched my arms and pretended to just wake up. I yawned and slowly sat up. He looked up at me and bought my act.

"How are you feeling now?"
"I'm good," Knowing that I always have him around...

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ADNAN! Can not believe he's 20! Btw, my newest fanfiction "Opposite" has the first chapter up. Enjoy that and I hoped you liked this chapter!