Chapter 43

I needed to find someone and tell them. I spotted Rylee near the front of the room with Ander and Angel Di Maria. I rushed over to her.

"Rylee, I need to talk to you! Now!"
"Chill out, this is a party."

She stumbled a bit and leaned against the wall. I could tell she was a bit drunk. There really was no point in talking to her. Ander looked a little drunk as well.

"Um, Angel?"
"Yeah?" I pointed to the two of them and he said, "They've had a few drinks."
"Ok. Rylee, Ander, why don't you two go home and rest for the night?"
"Nah."
"We're having fun here!"
"Rylee, no more drinks. Please promise me that."
"Fine..."
"Good because remember tomorrow you said you'd help me with my clothes?"
"Oh, yeah!"
"I wouldn't want to work with someone who was hungover."

I left it at that. Quickly, I returned to the table where Adnan's drink was. It felt like my responsibility to make sure nobody touched that glass.

Unfortunately, he was standing with Marouane, with the drink in his hand. From anyone else, it looked normal. You wouldn't even be able to tell if something was put into it. It looked like the two boys were drinking coke. Oh, shit. Please tell me he didn't drink that. Was I too late?

"Adnan!"
"What?"
"Did you drink that?!"
"I've had a few glasses, but I haven't drank this one yet."
"Good," I snatched it out of his hands.
"What was that for?"
"I need to-"
A slow song came on, "Hey, let's go dance!"

He took my hand and guided me to the middle of the room. The way he walked didn't make me feel well. Something wasn't right. He held me at my waist and I out my hands on his shoulders. We danced.

"Adnan, is everything alright?"
"Never been better," it was as he was struggling to get the words out.
"Sure?"
"Positive. Whenever I'm with you, everything is perfect."
That made me melt, "Gosh, Adnan."
"May I ask why you keep asking me if I'm ok?"
"No reason."

I wanted to tell him, but this moment was priceless. I didn't want to ruin it. I evaluated the situation and looked at the consequences. What was the worst that could happen?

Our bodies swayed to the music and I eventually rested my head on his chest. I heard him inhale and he was smelling my hair. It probably smelt like my coconut scented shampoo. It may sound weird smelling people, but Adnan smelt nice. All my problems were washed away whenever I was next to Adnan. He made me feel so special. It was such an amazing feeling.

It was near the end of the song, and the night, and we knew this would come to an end. I hugged Adnan, when he whispered something into my ear.

"I love you."
I hesitated for a moment, "I love you, too."

Sorry for the short chapter, I will update soon!