Chapter 53

Woah.

I've officially been Adnan Januzaj's girlfriend for one whole week! It's great, but it feels so weird. I would've never imagined myself dating a professional football player, let alone marrying one. Well, hopefully marrying one, that is.

My mood was great. I skipped around. I picked a flower from the ground and inhaled. I could smell the scent of the flower and the fresh air. I spun around in circles and laughed to myself. Galloping to my house, I got to the front door and unlocked it. Man, ever since then, my life has improved. I'm happier, healthier. Things are great. This just shows how important Adnan is to me. He makes my everything better.

I walked into the room. My parents looked all dressed up. There was a dress laying in my mother's lap. It was a lilac colour and looked pretty, but I didn't understand why she had it. I wanted an explanation. I went from being on top of the world, to being confused. I was the slightest bit upset, too. What were they not telling me now?

"What's going on?"
"There's no time, change."

She handed me the dress. I tossed it back in her face, which she then shoved back into my arms. This time, I just scrunched it up into a ball and chucked it over the counter and onto the kitchen floor.

"Scarlett!" My mom looked shocked.
"Get ready there's not much-"

The door bell rang. My parents exchanged nervous glances and then pulled off their best fake smiles. Who was at the door? Why did they want me to change? My sweats were fine, right? Haha, one things for sure, they're way comfier than that dress would ever be. I heard the front door open and some voices. I slumped down onto the couch and reached for the remote when the group entered the room.

"Scarlett-"
"Ugh, leave me alone!"

Why couldn't I just have one relaxing day to myself without being disturbed by someone?! I put my feet on the low table in front of the couch. Stretching out my legs and arms, I looked up.

"Meet your future husband."

Standing in front of me was a person that frighted me. I jumped back.

"What's he doing here?!"
"Great, you two know each other!"
"Nice to see you again, Scarlett," he kissed my hand.
"Get away, Juan!"
His father spoke, "She's familiar with the team, so she must have met him at some point."
"Be polite," my mother snapped," he's trying to be a gentleman."

As if. Juan was far from a gentleman. He was this hostile, evil, insane hooligan. He was sick.

"You two will get married at the end of the season," my parents clarified.
"Great, looking forward to it."
"Well I am not!"
"Chill, Scarlett."
"Shut up, Juan!"
"Excuse us."

My mom pulled me by the hair and into the other room, along with my dad. I gripped my ponytail firmly and tried to make her stop.

"What is your problem?!"
"Him! He's the problem!"
"You acted the same with Adnan! This is going to be a repeat of what happened, but with this young man!"
"Dad, no!"
"Get back in there and act normal!"

We re-entered the room and I put the biggest frown on my face. I hope I was sending a message to his parents. They should take my hint and clue in on everything. I do not like your son!

"So, Scarlett, is ok is you marry Juan?" His mom asked.
With the most sarcasm, I replied, "Totally, I'd love to marry your son!"
"Perfect."
"I was only joking..."
"No she wasn't," my dad scowled at me. I crossed my arms.
"Alright, things are settled. Your daughter will marry my son at the end of the season."
"That's correct."

Our parents engaged in a conversation, leaving Juan and I on the couch. I was silent and hoped he wouldn't say anything to me. Unfortunately, he did speak.

"You look so hot when you're mad."
"Can you just keep your mouth shut."
"But you know, a smile suits you better than a frown."

I didn't respond. His hand slipped onto my leg and held the inside of my thigh.

"Ok then that's settled. Juan!" His parents called him to leave.
I stood up quickly, getting away from him, "Yeah, time for you to leave."
"See you all later!" Him and his family got ready to go.
"Bye."

They left and drove off. My mom and dad lectured me on how I should've acted. Well, I'm sorry that I couldn't be the perfect daughter that you wanted. I apologize for liking the guy that you wanted me to marry in the first place. Stop changing your minds! How could this day become any worse?! They told me to go watch him train, even though I refused. The only thing that might make me want to go was if Adnan was there. He could play, right? Maybe just take things easy, it's only his arm. I hoped that Rylee would be there, too. Oh my gosh... How was I going to get out of this one?

This chapter is dedicated to @Lbr081199 because she suggested to do this idea. I've worked it into the story, so I just want to say thanks! Keep reading, enjoy the story.