Chapter 62

Finally, Adnan got his cast of yesterday. I'm really happy for him. Plus, that thing was always getting in the way. Whether the cast was hitting me in my sleep or causing difficulties for Adnan, it was just simply annoying.

Now, he can finally can train like he used to. They boys have training and I think Adnan will join them. His arm is still a little sore, so I've told him just to take it easy. The coach will understand, too. Due to his injury, he missed a few games and I'm not sure if he's going to play this upcoming one. We play Crystal Palace. I don't think he'll be in top form in time for the match.

At training, once I arrived, I noticed a new girl watching. Hmm... Who was she? I sat on a bench with Rylee, during their training. We both didn't know who that girl was. She had straight blonde hair that touched her shoulders. The girl was wearing glasses. For her outfit, she just wore a simple black t-shirt and a pair of dark washed jeans and boots. We soon forgot about her and the two of us discussed the plans for the wedding.

"Listen, I've got an idea for the invitations. Have like a small card, folded in half, and when you open it it has all the information inside. What colour would be the best?"
"Maybe white with some sort of gold design or pattern!"
"Oh! That sounds great! Maybe some gold cursive writing, huh?
"I just think we should hand them out after he proposes..."
"Yeah, yeah. Makes sense, so he better hurry up and ask you to marry him!" She yelled louder.
"Shut up!" I laughed.
"Well, I'm just giving him a hint."
"Poor boy, don't rush him."

A whistle blew and indicated that training had finished. They were free to go. Looks like he worked them hard because the team looked exhausted, they could hardly stand. They stumbled over to get their water and some drenched themselves with it. All were covered in sweat and breathing heavily.

I saw Paddy talking to the girl. He seemed pretty engaged in the conversation. They laughed and smiled until he brought her over to us. Her smile faded a bit as they came closer. Rylee and I stopped our taking and focused our attention on the new girl.

"Uh, hey Scarlett..."
"Hi, Paddy!"
"Um, hello?! Sitting right here!"
"Sorry, how are you, Rylee?"
"Good, thank you very much."
He laughed, "Well, I'd just like you to meet my new girlfriend, this is Vanessa."
She shyly waved, "Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Scarlett, and this is my friend, Rylee."
"Hello."
"Don't be nervous or anything!" Rylee squealed, giving her a hard pat on the back. Paddy's face was priceless, he hasn't spent enough time with Rylee to completely grasp the way she is, "It's all good, we won't bite!"

The girl nervously chuckled and her eyes shifted from Rylee and I, then back to Paddy. Rylee had completely dragged her away from Paddy, from my perspective, it was hilarious. Not so much for them... He wrapped his arm back around her.

"What was that?!"
"Nothing, just saying hello!" I don't know, these two have never really been on speaking terms.
"It's my girlfriend you're talking to, can't you be nice?"
"Um, I am, duh."
"Ok, well anyways, that's enough for now. Paddy want to speak alone?"
"Sure..."

That probably wasn't the greatest idea, leaving Rylee with Vanessa. Oh well. They'd be fine, it's not like anyone would die. Paddy had different thoughts. He shook my grip off of his wrist.

"This isn't a good idea... Leaving those two?!"
"Relax," I put a hand on his shoulder, "Rylee is just full of energy. She's a perky girl."
"Yeah, but I don't know if Vanessa will like that..."

We looked over to them. They were laughing. It appeared that Rylee was telling some silly story or something like that.

"See, everything is fine."
"Alright."
"Congratulations with you guys! Glad you've found someone else."
"Thanks, but..."
"But what?" I fiddled with my hands, waiting for his response.
"Nevermind."
"Um, ok?"
"It was nothing, don't even worry about it."
"You saying that makes me worry!"
"Just forget it."
I was getting impatient, "Paddy, you're concerning me."
"I was going to say that I love you, but I think now as more of a friend... You're a great girl and Adnan is a very lucky boy. I love-"
"Hey guys," David interrupted.
"Hi! Haven't seen you in ages!"
"Yeah, cause Adnan was missing from training. Things are good?"
"The best, thanks for asking," we embraced.

Paddy sort of just stood there awkwardly. He tried to back away back to Vanessa, who was now standing alone, but I didn't let him.

"Nice seeing you again, Dave."
"Alright, catch up,with you later. I'm exhausted! Bye, Scarlett."
After he left I stopped Paddy, "Where are you going?"
"Home."
"I know what you're feeling. We can still be friends... I love you too, as a friend and look, you've got a gorgeous girlfriend."
We looked towards her, "Thanks for making me feel better about everything."
"No problem."
"I'm very fortunate to be with a girl like that."
"See, now you get what I'm saying?"
"Thank you, you never fail to brighten my day."