Chapter 10

I woke up, this time without Adnan. The memories from last night still lingered in my mind.

I heard some noises coming from downstairs, so I guessed he had already gotten up. My phone read the time and had another good morning text from Juan.

"Morning! Coming to the game?"
I texted back, "Of course."
He replied a few minutes later, "Great! Still good for after the match?"
"Yep."
"Are u going to the game with anyone?"
"No."
"U should have at least brought someone! I could've gotten them a seat. Did u pay for tickets?"
"No."
"Who did, then?"
"Doesn't matter, dw."

Adnan had gotten me a seat. Our parents insisted on me watching and supporting him. So Adnan got me a seat, but I didn't want to tell Juan that.

"Ok, if it doesn't matter to u, then it doesn't matter to me."
"Well, good luck today!"
"Thanks, see u after!"

I got changed into the red United top our parents had obviously got for me. I paired the jersey with black leggings and converse. As I came down the stairs, I finished tying my hair up in a messy bun. Adnan was eating breakfast and watching Tottenham play Manchester City. City was winning 2-0, just after half. I greeted him.

"Hey, Adnan, ready for the game?"
"You sure look ready. Sleep well?"
"Um," that question caught me off guard, "Yeah I slept well, you?"
"Got a great sleep, I feel rested."
"That's good. What time are we leaving?"
"Around eleven maybe? Need time before kick off."
"Alright sounds good."

I ate breakfast and let him do his thing. We finished watching the game and it ended with City beating the Spurs 3-0. They had possession the whole game, Tottenham didn't have very many chances. That was another three points for them. They've gone six games without losing, not bad.

Evelyn o'clock rolled around the corner. I wore a grey sweater over my jersey. Adnan and I got into his car and we drove to the stadium. He told me I could wait around wherever or that I could go out and get my seat. It was pretty close to the field. We arrived a few minutes before half past eleven.

"So, where are you going?"
"I'll just go get my seat and stuff."
"Alright, I'm going to go now."
"Good luck!" I called, as I walked away.
"Thanks, have fun!"
"You too!"

I navigated my way through the sea of red and blue. So many fans. I have never been to a game before, it's so hectic, but the atmosphere feels amazing. I finally reached my seat. I was sitting next to a girl who was probably the same age as me. She was about my height, wore a United jersey with skinny jeans and black boots. She had brown, almost black hair, that fell past her shoulders. She sat with her purse in her lap. When I sat down, she looked at me. Studying me the same way I did to her. When my eyes met with her light brown eyes, she spoke.

"Hello," she said in a friendly tone.
"Hi."
"Are you here with anyone else?"
"Nope."
"Me neither, my friend bailed on me at the last minute. I guess it's just me and you!"

She seemed nice. She had a huge smile and was always showing it off. I didn't catch her once not smiling.

"Oh, by the way I'm Rylee." She held out her hand, which I took.
"Scarlett."
"Well we've got some time to kill, let's go buy a scarf or something."
"Alright, sure!"

Rylee was really nice. She was perky and I liked that. She made me laugh. We bought two red scarves with the Manchester United crest on them. She said she had a few other scarves, but this one was different and tats why she bought it.

Rylee talked so much it was unbelievable. I was surprised she didn't run out of topics! We talked about football, family life, clothes, everything. The two of us made our way back to the field, the players were starting to warm up.