Chapter 46

My cheek has started to get better, it's still not completely healed, yet. Soon though. A week has passed and convincing my parents to let me be with Adnan has been hard. I've done nothing but cry. My eyes sting like crazy, but I'm too depressed to go was my face or even shower. I look like a complete bum and feel like one too, no I feel worse. I've had so many sleepless nights. Losing sleep isn't good, but I can't help it. Dark bags have formed around my eyes. I'm starting to cough too, which probably isn't a good sign. I feel completely worthless and lost. My heart is broken.

Have you ever felt like you're world has been turned upside down, flipped the other way around? It's like I have been climbing a wall and I'm almost at the top, the peak. Everything is almost perfect when the whole wall starts to collapse and I find myself at the bottom. I feel like the darkness is not only surrounding me, but consuming me. I have no heart anymore and there's no reason to breath. There's no point in living.

I've never experience a feeling like this. I don't really know how to explain it. I shut myself out from the whole world because this feeling of pain had overcome me and taken over. I don't know what to do anymore...

My parents forced me to move back in with them. That wasn't really a problem since I still had my bed there. Although, I was struggling to find enough clothes to wear for each day of the week. My parents forbid me from going back to that house. I wondered how Adnan was feeling. We hadn't talked in forever. We couldn't even text because my parents were monitoring everything.

There was a faint knock on my door, then it opened. What was even the point of knocking if you were going to enter right after...

"Scarlett," my mom said, "your father and I are going to go out and pick up some groceries. Would you like anything?"
"No, you know what I want."
"I told you not to bring that up, you know what he's like."
"Yes, I do! You don't!" I protested.
"That's enough."

I wasn't going to give up, yet. I was never going to stop fighting. I wanted what was right and this, this was not right at all. This was wrong. To purposely separate a girl and a boy who clearly love each other, that's cruel. I mean, didn't you want us to fall in love and get married? Was that not what you wanted? But of course, my parents didn't care about me or my thoughts and feelings. All they wanted to do was for me to marry someone rich. They wanted a boy with money. The obvious choice is Adnan, but they see him as violent now. I know that he is not at all. He's the kindest, sweetest boy I've met.

"Mom, you don't understand! I love Adnan!"
"You wouldn't know what love is even if it hit you in the face!"
"I love him, though..."
"Why would you love someone who hit you?!"
"It was an accident! He didn't mean it and I have forgiven him!"
"Well, I do not. No boy is aloud to lay a finger in my daughter."
"Can you at least give him a second chance?"
"He's no good, he's a bad boy."
"He is not! He's just... Words can't even describe!"
"Yeah, words can't describe how horrible he is!"
"Mom, Adnan is the best thing that's ever happened to me! Give us a chance!"
"I can not do that. You will marry a different boy."
"No!" I screamed at he top of my lungs.

I didn't want to marry someone else, anyways, I couldn't picture myself with anyone other than Adnan. I know I used to have different feelings towards him, but now I feel like I love him and I do.

My mom yelled back, "You will!"
"I don't want to marry another boy, I want to marry Adnan!"
"What is it? First you say you hate him, now you love him? Make up your mind!"
"I have," I murmured.
"This right here, proves that you can't make choices for yourself. So, us as parents will make the decisions for you."
"I'm twenty years old! I can think for myself!"
"No."
"This is my life!"
"I don't have time for this Scarlett, we will be back in a few hours. We need to get this shopping done. Don't waste my time with anymore of this nonsense."

She left the room and slammed shut the door to my bedroom. I collapsed on the bed and cried my eyes out. This couldn't be happening. I needed Adnan. I took my relationship with him for granted. Until now, I never realized how much he impacted my life. He changed the way I looked at things. He made me a happier, better person and I'm sure I did the same for him. Even though at the start, things weren't perfect, we put aside our differences and were able to tolerate each other. From there, we became friends and then that lead to us dating and loving each other.

Thinking about our story and how we met only made me sadder. I became even more upset than before. I burried my face into my pillow.

I couldn't live without him.

I walked into the bathroom and sat on the lid of the toilet. I was shaking. I looked down into the palms of my hands and I had shaken a bunch of pills into them. I held the multiple pills in my hand and let hem roll around. They hit each other and rebounded in opposite directions. I took a deep breath.

"I love you, Adnan," I whipsered.

This was the end.