Chapter 70

Adnan sprinted across the field and into his position on the left wing. He shook out his legs and arms a few times before the play started again. He was going to do great, I just knew it.

"Adnan's coming on!" Coleen announced.
"Yeah..."
"What's the matter?" Bouchra asked me with a small frown on her face.
"He was really nervous, I hope he does well."
"Don't worry, it's Adnan, he always does his best and that's what counts!"

The game was pretty fast pace. A few more shots were fired at each net, all saved by both keepers. It was almost the end of he ninety minutes when Liverpool had possession of the ball, but lost it when Daley Blind won it. He moved the ball back to Marcos Rojo who the switched the ball over to Adnan. He took the ball down the line, but got stuck in the corner. Adnan slowed down and tried a few foot movements to throw the defender off. He stood his ground. Suddenly, Adnan pushed the ball forward and threw his legs around the ball twice doing a double scissor. He moved around, but the defender pushed him to the ground with both hands. The referee ran over and pulled out a yellow card. I wasn't focusing on the card, I was looking at Adnan. He pounded the ground and ripped out a clump of grass, despite winning them a free kick close to the box.

"Don't give up, Adnan!" I shouted.

Wayne positioned himself behind the ball. The other players in the wall backed up to where the ref sprayed the vanishing spray. He also put some in front of the ball. Robin went over and whispered something into his ear. Wayne replied with a nod. They were planning something. When the referee blew the whistle Wayne kicked the ball into the centre of the box, near Robin. He was about to volley it, but a defender deflected it.

The ball landed right at Adnan's feet.

It was now or never, this was it. Adnan looked up and swung his foot back. A Liverpool defender lunged in front of him. Adnan was smarter and faked the shot, pushing it to the left. He then kicked the ball with his strong foot and a ton of force. It rocketed past players and towards the net. Everyone in the stadium stood up, it was like slow motion. The ball spun and flew into the net.

Goal!

Adnan jumped with joy and was attacked by his teammates. He led them into the corner where they celebrated the goal. They attacked him with hugs and all of them were ecstatic. The players and staff on the bench were cheering like crazy. The whole environment was amazing.

"I want to tell you, I might as well do, about a boy who can do anything! He comes from Belgium, his name is, Adnan. Januzaj, Januzaj, Januzaj!"

The fans sang his chant repeatedly until the final whistle blew.

"We won!"
"Adnan scored!" Rylee screamed over the noise of the fans.
"I knew he could do it!"
"Look," Bouchra yelled.

Adnan had turned around and pointed right in my direction. The camera went onto me and I just blushed. I was up on the screen and everyone's attention was on me. The boys walked back to centre when the final whistle blew. We just won! Second place! Our whole team rushed the field and celebrated with the players. Not first, but second was still great!

The Liverpool players held their heads low. They glumly walked off of the field, disappointed. I looked down and saw Adnan approach Raheem Sterling. They talked for a bit, it was nice of him. Then, out of nowhere, Adnan pulled off his shirt and exchanged it with Raheem's. Oh my gosh. Adnan showed off his strong muscular body. Wow...

"Check it out," Rylee smirked.
"Oh, shut up you!"
"Scarlett's looking red!"
"Coleen!"
"Don't worry about it," Bouchra smiled, trying her best not to laugh like the others.

I just ignored them because my eyes were fixed to Adnan. His abs were exposed and his strong arms. He'd been training really hard and doing work in the gym, so I guess this was what he got. And it was all worth it. Even though I'd seen his body many times, it still managed to leave me speechless.

"Want to go down and congratulate them?"
"Um, y-yeah."
"What's wrong? Staring too long at Adnan," Rylee teased.
"Stop it!"
"Joking," she held her hands up in surrender.

We laughed and made our way down. Rylee would take care of handing out the remaining invitations while I reunited with Adnan. I heard laughter and screams of joy from inside the change room. Pretty happy since last year their performance sucked. The boys started filing out of the change room with smiles upon their faces. I saw Adnan and immediately jumped on him.

"Adnan!"
He picked me up in his arms and kissed me, "That one was for you."

His teammates whistled and cheered. The girls winked and gave me a thumbs up, which made me turn bright red.

"They're all watching..." I said, embarrassed.
"And?"
"Well, it's awk-"

He pressed his lips roughly against mine. I felt my waist being held against his. His hands held me tightly and made me feel safe in his arms.

Well, I guess he didn't feel the same...

"What was that?" I pretended to be angry with him.
"Me kissing you."
"You're making a scene!"
"Oh well... But you enjoyed it," he smirked.
"Hmm... Well maybe..."
"Don't lie to me, missy!"
"Wait, what?!"

Before I knew it, I was being throw over Adnan's shoulder. All I saw was the ground and his legs moving. I pounded on his back and pleaded for him to stop.

"Adnan, Adnan! Put me down!"

He didn't listen to one word I said. I squirmed in his firm grasp and tried to loosen it, but then there was the fear of falling. Ugh, it was no use. Adnan carried me off to celebrate our win long with the rest of the team.