Chapter 69

Adnan woke me up early this morning because he was feeling nauseous. I felt really bad for him, for some reason this game had a huge effect on him. Luckily, I was able to calm him down and cooked a full breakfast for him.

We had just left for Old Trafford and of course, the streets were packed. Today, I decided to drive with my new car. Adnan had reclined the seat back a little just to rest. It was a bright day so he wore some shades. I had the music playing low.

After some time, I parked the car and got out with Adnan. I let him go off by himself into the change room, but he was hesitant.

"Scarlett?"
"Yeah?"
"What if I don't do well?"
"Adnan, don't doubt yourself," the change room door suddenly swung opened.
"Hey, I thought I heard voices out here! Come on in, Adnan!" It was Marouane.
"Uh, yeah, one second..."
"What's up?"
Adnan looked at me, "He keeps saying that he won't do well," I informed.
"What?! Man, you're the best out there. Show 'em how it's done!"
"Alright," he smiled as he was taken into the change room.

I sighed with relief and shared a short kiss with him. He was in good hands with Marouane. I then left and started to walk over to where I knew the other WAGs would be sitting. I quickly texted Rylee to see if she was here yet. She replied back with a "yes". I looked around and spotted her sitting in between Coleen and Bouchra. I gave a small wave.

"Hey, ladies! Guess what?" I held out the hand with the ring.
"Oh my gosh!"
"No way!"

All the girls attacked me with hugs and kisses. I stood by Rylee and they huddled in front of us.

"Congratulations!" Bouchra said, before kissing me on the cheek.
"Thank you. Rylee, did you bring the invites?"
"Yep," she said, pulling them out of her purse.

We handed out the fancy, sparkly invitations to everyone. I had to apologize and explain the parents situation because the wedding was so soon. Just a few weeks, less than a month. All of them were flexible with the date and seemed to be very happy and excited for me.

Rylee looked at me because we still had extra invitations to hand out. To people like Paddy, Ryan, and Juan... I thought it would still be nice and polite to invite him. It was his final decision whether to accept it and come or not. We both decided to give them their invites after the game.

I sat down beside Rylee and Bouchra, Coleen was on the left of Rylee.

"No kids today?"
"Nope, not today."
"Me neither."
"So,"I started, "I was wondering if you two would like to be bridesmaids?"
"Scarlett, we'd love to," Bouchra answered.
"Great!"
"What about dresses?"
"Don't worry, Coleen, I've got it all planned. You'll just have to come with me one day to get them fitted," Rylee reassured.
"Perfect."

Our conversation ended once the game started. I could see Adnan tapping his foot constantly on the bench. It already wasn't good for him. Marouane sat next to him and I could see the effort he made to start up a conversation. It still wasn't helping though.

Then, I focused my attention to the field. Raheem Sterling was on fire. I knew that he was this crazy young talent, but nothing else. He really caught my eye and surprised me. The boy was close to Adnan's age... He was just... Outstanding. I glanced over and the bench and Adnan was frowning at the superstar's performance. If only he was given more opportunities to play, then he could be that great, no better. I hoped that Louis would make the right decision and put Adnan on the field.

He could do it.

In the thirty ninth minute, Sterling kicked the ball into the net. David was out of position from his previous save, which was brilliant. He couldn't do it all. United's defence was sloppy in the first half and they needed to pick it up. The players left the pitch and headed out of sight.

"That was horrible!" Rylee dragged her hands across her face.
"It's ok, we'll come back strong!"
"Coleen's right! We're Manchester United and we'll keep on fighting until the end!"
"That's the spirit!" I joined in.

As the players got back into their positions, the four of us started chanting wildly. We were screaming at the top of our lungs.

"Oh, wait a minute!"
"What?"
Coleen smirked at us, "I just remembered what Kai put in my bag."

She reached over into her purse and pulled out red and white face paint. We all cheekily grinned and fought over who would stripe their cheeks with paint first. After a long fought battle, Rylee went first, then Coleen, Bouchra, and I.

I held my phone up, "Ready?"

We all smiled and I took the picture. We took several more with different funny faces.

"Send to me!"
"Don't forget us too," Bouchra said.
"Of course!"

I quickly made a new chat with them and sent the photos. I watched and waiting for their phones to beep and ring letting them know that they received the texts. They looked at the images and laughed. I chose the goofiest one and uploaded it to Instagram. For my caption, I wrote "The Fantastic 4". Post, done. The likes rolled in and people commented. My Instagram has been getting pretty popular since the media has been advertising Adnan and mine's relationship.

The game continued and it was a nail biter. Gerrard came on in the second half and almost scored a free kick. Luckily, Dave saves. He tipped the ball just over the net for a corner, which was not successful.

Liverpool then lost possession of the ball and Angel Di Maria went flying down the wing. The speed he had was incredible. We counter attacked and he whipped the ball in the centre. Wayne Rooney turned his head and sent the ball past their keeper. The whole stadium erupted with screams. The four of us went crazy and looked like maniacs, oh well!

It was a tie game now. This was a fight for the top spots. I don't know how this worked out, but Chelsea and Manchester City both lost their games, so whoever won this one would finish in second place. The atmosphere quickly changed for some reason. All the fans looked on the field. Angel was lying on the grass, rolling around in pain. He clutched his ankle tightly. Wayne rushed over to his side to check it out. He signalled for the medics. This was not good...

The medics came on and inspected the injury. Wayne stood by his side. They helped him up and supported him while he limped off the field. It couldn't be that bad, right? It was probably just a sprain, everyone hoped for the best.

This meant that a substitution would have to be made. I looked over to the side of the field. Adnan was ripping off his tracksuit and preparing to go on. He talked with Ryan briefly then was standing at half. He rubbed his eyes, ran his fingers through his hair. He was anxious. I could see him take three long, deep breaths. His eyes scanned the crowd. He was looking for something. All of a sudden, my eyes caught his. We locked eyes and held our stare for seconds. It was like a game, trying not to blink. I gave him a small nod.

"Number eleven, Adnan Januzaj!"

He ran onto the field.