Chapter 67

Adnan had been gone for some time now. It was around four o'clock and Adnan left around eleven. Rylee had gone home two hours ago because Ander planned something for the two of them. I guess it was just me.

The silence was broken by the sound of a car engine outside. I got up from my seat and peered through the window to see who it was. Before I could focus on what was outside, Adnan bolted inside and covered my eyes.

"What the-"
"Shh! It's ok, just close your eyes."

I didn't even know what was going on. One minute I was home alone, the next, I'm being tackled by Adnan.

"Is this one of your surprises?!" I asked annoyingly.
"Um... Maybe."
"Adnan!"
"What?"
"You said no more!"
"Couldn't guarantee it."
"Stop it, you spoil me enough already, no more. I don't need all this!"
"Actually," he disagreed, leading me outside, "I think you do need this."

He moved his hands away from my face. Parked on the side of the road, was a brand new red Mini Cooper. Um, why would he buy me this?! A white bow was wrapped around my new car. The paint reflected the sunlight.

"Adnan!" I screamed.
"Like it?" He was grinning.
"I don't need a car!"
"Yeah, for when I'm gone, you can go out too. Plus, the other day when we were looking at the cars, you pointed out the red Mini Cooper."

That was true...

I sighed, "Thank you, Adnan."

I hugged him and then looked up. I squinted my eyes because the sun was right above us.

"You know you do too much for me, right?"
"It's all worth it. Want to take it for a spin?"
"Uh..."

He twirled the keys around on his index finger, I smiled at him. I grabbed the keys out of his hand and raced down the driveway. I sat behind the wheel of my brand new, very own car. I took a deep shaky breath. I was nervous. Even though I had my licence and everything, I still felt scared. I knew how to drive and I had before, but never in my own car. Adnan put a had on my shoulder, signalling me to start the car. I turned the keys and it started up. Slowly, I pressed my foot onto the gas pedal. We rolled down the road.

After a few streets, it wasn't so bad! I opened the windows and let the wind blow through my hair. Adnan and I were laughing at this point. I slowed the car and we came to a stop. The place was pretty isolated, a bunch of trees and grass. The birds chirped in unison, singing a song. I stepped out of the car and lied down on the hood. Adnan came next to me.

"That one looks like... Pizza," I giggled.
"Ok then?"
"What? I'm hungry!"
We looked up at the clouds again, "See this one?"
I looked to where he had pointed and nodded, "Yep."
"It looks like a heart."

He had a cheesy grin on his face. I stood up and pulled him back onto his feet. His eyes gleaned. Adnan started to walk towards me and my back hit the side door. He moved a piece of my hair that had escaped from my ponytail. Suddenly, our too good to be perfect moment was disrupted.

People with cameras started flooding the area. The flashes blinded me even more than the sun did. Ugh, paparazzi... Just leave Adnan alone. I rolled my eyes as Adnan leaned in. I firmly put a hand on his chest, stopping him from kissing me.

"What's the matter?"
"Them."
"Oh come on, they won't do anything."
"We're going to make he front page."
"So what?"

I gave him this look. I expected him to stop, but at this point, I didn't know. I couldn't read him, his face made me look at him with concern. In a split second, he grabbed my waist and spun me around. I lost my balance, but he held on. I found myself being dipped with his soft lips attached to mine. I opened my eyes. Our faces were fractions apart.

"So what..." He repeated.

He connected our lips one last time, causing the photographers to go crazy.