Chapter 6

I pulled the covers over my head, trying to avoid getting up. The loud pounding on my door didn't stop. I rolled onto my side and my alarm clock only read 8:03am.

Furiously, I yelled, "What?!"
"Get up, time to go!" My dad yelled through the crack of the door.
"Your crazy, whats wrong with you," I muttered as I forced myself I get up.

It hit me. The surprise. Knowing about it before hand made things a little easier because now at least I know the reason to why I'm being woken up so early. However, I still didn't know what this surprise was.

I combed my messy hair and quickly braided it. I put on a bit of mascara and that was it. I was too lazy to do anything else, plus I wasn't too crazy for makeup. I felt more at ease without makeup because with wearing it always came with my mom instructing me to do all of it.

I threw on a pair of Adidas track pants and a tight, pink long sleeve shirt. I slipped on some comfy, fuzzy pink socks, to match the shirt colour, and thumped down the stairs. I trotted through the hallway.

"What do you want, dad?" He looked up. He was sitting at the breakfast bar, drinking coffee while reading the paper.
"Good, your awake! Got a big surprise for you!"
From upstairs, I heard my mom, "Is she up yet? Has she come down?!"

I was just waking up, like I do everyday. Nothing special. She sprinted down the stairs as fast as a cheetah and almost managed to fall down them, that's how fast she was moving. She ran over and came to a skidding halt, next to my dad.

"Can we go now?" She pleaded.
"A bit later."
"Go where?!"
"I want to go now! Come on!"
"A couple more minutes."
"Um, hello? Where are we going?"
"Please! Let's go now!"
"Alright, right after I finish this article."

I eventually lost it. There's nothing more that I hate than being ignored. Plus, I was kind of disturbed by the way my mom was acting, to be honest. She was all hyped up and it was just weird.

"Where the heck are you taking me?"

The kitchen went dead silent. Both my parents looked up at me.

"We have a huge surprise for you, and Adnan of course," my mom explained to me.

Yeah, Adnan of course. Everything revolved around him now.

"Well, what is this spectacular surprise?" I asked sarcastically.
"That's why I'm begging your father to go! So, you can see!"
"Just tell me instead," I offered.
"No! Let's go!"

By that time, my dad had finished the article and was getting the keys to our car. I rolled my eyes, grabbed a coat, and got into the car along with two very energetic parents. They were so excited for this surprise. It should've been the other way around, but I took no interest at all. Anything about Adnan was uninteresting. I didn't see much in him.

The drive was pretty short and we pulled onto the side of the road. We had turned onto a street filled with newly built, small houses. I saw Adnan and his family waiting in the car in front of us. They got out and so did we. They greeted us.

"Hi, nice to see you all again!" Abedin said with a warm smile.
"How are you all?" My dad asked.
"Great!" Gani replied.

While both our parents talked with excitement, Adnan slowly made his way over to me.

"Hey," he said.
"Hi."
"Nice Adidas pants."
I looked down, "Thanks, same to you."

We were both wearing matching Adidas track pants. It was funny, and to my surprise, we both laughed a bit. The morning started off fine between the two of us, not a single disagreement yet.