Chapter 40

The game ended with a 1-1 draw against Manchester City. The players shook hands, some exchanged shirts, all that stuff. Adnan ran up to me and his arms clutched me. My face was buried in his chest. He was really hot and sweaty.

"Adnan, let go," I pleaded.
"I missed you, though."
"Gosh, it was only like two hours."
"So long..."
"You did great, by the way."
"Stop complimenting me for a crappy performance..."
"Adnan, you played amazing."
"Ok, sure..."
"Um... Listen," I said, changing the subject, "did you know about this party that Wayne and his wife are throwing?"
"Uh, yeah... Kind of."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I promise you, I was going to right after the game."
"Coleen already sort of asked Rylee and I. It was so sudden, you could've informed me," I raised my voice a little bit.
"I'm sorry, please don't be mad. I meant to tell you because it was going to be our second date..."
He murmured the last part so quietly, almost that I couldn't hear, "I'm not too sure..."
"What, why?"
I gave him my reasons, "Because, last time wasn't so great. I have a bad feeling with this one... Parties aren't really my thing."
"Ok, I get that, but you said it's my choice. I thought you'd want to go with me... Plus, the team is expecting me to be there, so I might have to go alone if you're not coming."
"I just don't know."
"That's ok, take as much time as you need, love."
"Thanks, Adnan."
"I got to go, meet me at the change room?"
"Sure," I hugged him one last time before he left.

Farther away from me, Rylee was speaking with Ander. It seemed like most of the players left, so Ander kissed Rylee, then joined them. She joined my side, when someone unexpected approached me.

"Hey girls."
"Juan, what are you doing here? Go away, the rest of the team is already gone."
"Don't be so rude," he said, throwing his arm over my shoulders.
"Get off!" I pushed him away.
"Don't touch her!"
"What's wrong with you two?"
"What's wrong with you?!" I spat.
"I didn't do anything... I come to say 'hello' and you two don't even appreciate my effort."

He touched his chest, trying to look hurt. This was all an act. He was pretending that he didn't do anything wrong. Why wouldn't he just quit it and start being the guy that I used to like? He was nice and important to me, I wanted him to be my friend again, but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

"We know what you did!"
"What did I do?"
"To Adnan..." Rylee was speaking for me.
"Stay out of this, she can speak for herself!" He grabbed my waist and violently tugged me closer to him.
"Hands off!"
"Shut up!"
"Don't talk to her like that," I whispered.
"Fine, I'll talk to you."
"Ok... We- more importantly, I know what you did to Adnan."
"And what was that?"

It was sweet of Rylee when she tried to defend me, but this was my fight. I looked at her to send her the message that I was ok by myself. She didn't say a word, but still stood to support me.

"You purposely bribed Alexa to kiss Adnan!"
"Did I now?"
"Don't think you can trick me! I can't believe you ruined Paddy's relationship and then attempted to destroy mine!"
"I didn't, I would never hurt you."

He ended the argument there and walked away and through the tunnel. I can't believe after being confronted he still denied it. He walked alongside Marcos Rojo and disappeared, going to the change room. I felt bad for some reason. Even though he was the one doing the bad stuff, somehow I still felt like I was wrong. Like I was the villain in this situation.

"What's wrong?"
"I don't know, I'm feeling down."
"You should be over the moon! You just put Juan in his place, he deserved that!"
"I know, but it didn't feel as satisfying as I thought it would."
"To me, it felt great. It was supposed to make you feel great, too."
"I guess I'm not that type of person..."
"It's ok, everyone's different. Maybe one day after a lot of boy experience you'll realize how great that moment is. When you call someone out for doing something. Seriously though, I've never seen a guy as mean as Juan," she told me.
"What happened to him?"
"I don't know, people change. Some for the worse, some for the better."

We came to the change room and waited outside. I could hear parts of the discussion through the door. Minutes later, Ander exited and took Rylee with him. I waited for Adnan who came out shortly after. He was with Daley Blind.

"Hey," he said to me.
"How are you, Daley?"
"I'm good, yourself?"
"I'm ok."
"Alright Adnan, I'll see you later," he left.
"So," Adnan said, slinking his arm around me, "let's go home?"
"Yeah..."
"I was just thinking, like when I was in the change room, we don't have to go to the party."
"No, Adnan, this is the last one before the season ends, let's go."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Ok, don't hesitate to tell me if you change your mind."

We talked about random stuff in the car. About the match, our parents, a little about the wedding date, food, the necklace and bracelet, his car. Finally, we arrived. Home sweet home.

"Oh," I said, unlocking the door, "I forgot to tell you something."
"What's that?"
"Rylee and Ander asked for our help," I told him, walking to through the door.
"With what?"
"That's the good news, Rylee's moving in!"
"Really, what?!"
"Yeah, she said she was getting tired of living with her parents and decided it was time to live on her own."
"Did they approve of Ander?"
"Oh of course, they must've."
"I'll call Ander and ask him about all of this."
"Ok, great."

I was really happy for her. She was moving in with Ander. It reminded me of when I moved into this house with Adnan and how it became our home. I liked it here and I liked it with Adnan.

Arranged Marriage With Adnanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें