Chapter 75

Tomorrow is our wedding day and I am extremely anxious. It's like I can't sit still. I'm always stomping my foot, fiddling with my fingers, or pacing back and forth. What's wrong with me? I guess I'm just so worried about everyone being there at the wedding and how they're going to get along with each other. I'll meet a lot of people there, too. I still have to get introduced to the Belgian Red Devils. Adnan also has to meet some of my family and friends.

Since arriving in Belgium, a few days ago, I've visited the hotel once just to check in with my parents and the team. I've tried on my dress and it fits on my body perfectly, I love it. Today, I think I'm going to visit again.

"Um, Gani, is it ok if I take the car?"
"Of course, Scarlett! You don't even have to ask."
"Thanks so much."
"Where are you going?" Adnan came into the room.
"Just to the hotel."
"Why?"
"Let her go," Abedin said.
"I'm just wondering!"
"I'm going to see my parents."
"Ok, have fun."

That was weird of him. I ignored that scene he made and started the car. The weather was a little foggy, so I drove with caution. In a few minutes, I drove into the parking lot of the hotel. I parked the car and locked it before entering. I knew which rooms everyone was staying in, so I don't have trouble getting there. I knocked on the door to my parents room, but there was no answer. Strange. I decided to go to David's room, he was there.

"Scarlett!" We embraced.
"Hey, missed you. How was your flight?"
"Good, I heard that you came to visit before. Sorry, I was out."
"No worries, have you done anything here yet?"
"Yes, actually, I went with Daley, Marcos, and Angel to just go explore a bit," he laughed, "We got these amazing Belgian waffles!"
"Wow..." I wasn't too interested.
"They were covered with so many different toppings! Strawberries, whipped cream, syrup, sugar, oh! Nutella, too!"
"David, I know. Adnan took me to get some because he wanted me to try it."
"Weren't they the best?!"
I rolled my eyes, "I don't get why you're so fascinated by waffles..."
"Wait, you didn't like them?!"
"Ok, that's so not what I said. They were great, it's just that I'm not some crazy person like you," I joked.
"You got that right," he winked.

I heard the bathroom door open and I was confused. I thought it was only David in this room unless he decided to room with someone in the team. No, there was only one bed and this room wasn't nearly big enough for two.

"Scarlett!"
"Paddy?!"
He ran up and enthusiastically hugged me, "How are you?"
"I'm good, you?"
"Great."
"Yeah, Paddy's spending some time here."
"Roommates?"
"No."
"Where's Vanessa?"
"She went out, I don't know," he said.
"You're saying you have no idea where you're girlfriend is and you're in a different country?"
"Yeah..."
"Whatever, it's not my relationship, " David and I laughed.
"She's shy, ok? I'm letting her do whatever she likes because I want her to be happy."
"Fair point."
"She can always hang out with the girls and I," I offered.
"She doesn't really want to..."
"Anyway, tell her I said it's ok."
"Alright."

The three of us caught up for about fifteen minutes. We shared our experiences in Belgium so far. All of us seemed to enjoy our little trip here, it was nice to get out of Manchester for a while. The conversation eventually came back to tomorrow.

"Are you excited about the big day?"
"Um..."
"Scarlett?" David said, sounding concerned.
"It's just that I'm actually feeling a bit nervous. Is that ok to be feeling like that? I feel like I should be excited, at least that's what everyone's expecting. To see a happy bride."
"Don't worry about it, everything will be fine," David added on to Paddy's words, "Just talk to us if you need anything, ok?"
"This is why I came here. I just need to be sure about tomorrow and I think you guys can help me... Honestly, I don't even know how this marriage is going to turn out. Is it even going to go according to the plan? Will it even last? Seriously, Adnan and I are still so young, what if we don't feel the same way after some years?"

I covered my face. I felt hands on my shoulder, pulling me in for a hug.

"Scarlett, don't you worry."

I buried my face in David's chest. He kept me safe in his strong arms. Our moment was broken up when my phone rang.

"I- I need to take this... Hello?"
On the other line was Adnan, "We're going out for dinner. I get to see some of my old friends!"
"That's great..."
"Ok, so come back now, we're leaving soon."
I gave David and Paddy sad eyes, "Alright..."
"Wait... Is everything ok?"
"Perfectly fine, Adnan," I lied. It was good thing he couldn't see my facial expression.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, I'll be there in a minute."
"Scarlett?"
"Yes, what is it?"
"Come see me, I can cheer you up."
I paused, "Ok, bye."

I actually smiled after my little conversation with Adnan. I thanked Paddy and David for their help and everything. I drove off to meet Adnan and my future mother and father-in-law. We ate nice dinner, before the wedding day.

I was more nervous that I had ever been in my life, but I was so ready.