Chapter 63

I was laying in the couch, watching tv. My position wasn't very comfy. My limbs were all tangled up as if I was playing Twister. Shifting around in discomfort, I noticed the sound of footsteps coming from the stairs.

"Hey, Scarlett."

His voice was deep and tired. He ran his fingers through his hair, making sure it was perfect. What a perfectionist he was. Pretty boy. Mr. Perfect. What am I even thinking?! Yeah, he was all of those, but I didn't care. He was my perfect boy.

"Adnan, your hair is fine. Fix it after you shower."
"It's not good."
"Yes it is, and you slept in for quite a while."
"Yeah, I don't know, I couldn't get to sleep early."
"I felt you tossing and turning."
"Oh really?"

He sat down next to me and a placed a kiss on him lips. His soft lips on mine, ah...

"Sorry, didn't mean to keep you up."
"No worries, I'm rested."
"Good. I think it was my arm, still a bit sore."
"Are you going to play?"
"Hopefully."
I had to break the news to him, "Adnan, I don't think you can..." My voice was quiet.
"Why?"
"Well, we don't want you pushing yourself-"
"We?!"
"Ryan told me that you're not going to play."
"When did he say that?"
"At training."
"Oh..."
"Sorry, just rest."
"But there's only two more games left in the season! I want to help the team!"
"I know you do, but it's safer to take this one off."
"Who know if I'm even going to play the last game?!"
"Trust me, you'll get some playing time."
"Some... Maybe none at all! What if they say I'm still 'injured'?!"

He seemed upset. I knew about his passion for the game and he was really serious and intense. Adnan was always competitive with getting time on the field, too. I hated this setback that he'd have to overcome, with his arm. I partially felt responsible for the accident.

I sighed, "Adnan, I'm sorry..."
He looked up and the anger in his eyes disappeared, "Sorry for what?"
"I just feel... Like this whole thing is all my fault!" I covered my face.
"What is?"
"The accident! Now you can't play and it's upsetting you! I never wanted to hurt anyone, but that's all I've done! If I would've never met you, you'd probably be better off!"
"Scarlett, don't say that-"
"It's true! Isn't it?"
He thought before he spoke, "I absolutely hate fighting with you, but all couples do fight."
"I- I'm sorry, Adnan."
"Ok, you really need to stop," he chuckled.
"Huh?"
"You don't need to apologize!" He was laughing.
"Ugh, you," I lightly hit him.
"We good? And I won't play if it makes you feel any better."

I looked into his eyes. The brown complimented the green in his eyes perfectly. They made a brilliant hazel colour.

Adnan ways seemed to let things go. He was never angry, violent, aggressive, or controlling. He was always so optimistic.

"Ok, thanks. Let's not fight."
"Can't make any promises, though."
"I know."
"Just to make it clear, I love you and wouldn't want my life any other way."
"Same here."
"So, do you want to do something after the game?"
"You're playing?!" After all I just told him!
"No, no. I'm watching, have to support my boys."

I liked the way he called them "his boys", it was cute.

"Yeah, that'd be great."
"I've got something in mind."
"What might that be?" I pushed him to tell me.
"Can't say, surprise."
"Adnan, you know me and surprises! Seriously!"
"I haven't surprised you in a while, I'm getting bored," he smiled so innocently.
"Fine, but is this like a date?"
"No,"he held the 'o', "this is us just hanging out."
"Ok! I get it!"
"Of course it's a date!"
"I said, I know!" I shook my head, "Uh, so what do I wear?"
"I don't know, dress nicely?"
"You're saying I don't dress nice?!"
"Oh boy..."
"You trying to start another fight?!"

I guess Adnan and I were back to our normal selves. We were joking around and happily enjoying each other's company. My life literally would mean nothing to me if it was without Adnan.

I thought about all the different possibilities of dates Adnan would plan. In my head, I made a list. The whole entire day, that was all that filled my head. Would he take me out to a fancy restaurant? Hmm... A drive maybe? I don't know... The one thing I did know was that it was going to be a memorable moment, like all our other dates.