Chapter 29

It was early in the morning when Adnan crawled out of bed. I looked up at him, where was he going? He limped over to the bathroom and disappeared behind he door. I sat up when he came back out.

"What are doing?"
"I've got training."
"Oh no you don't, not like this."
"Scarlett, it's been two days and training after games isn't all that hard. We start off slow and recover."
"No, you'll injure yourself further!"

He got back in bed and lifted my face, so that we were at the same height.

"I'll be ok."
"Adnan, please, just skip this one. Please."
"I'm sorry, I can't."
"You're hurt, they have to understand."
"Hmm..."
"Call Ryan or someone, let them know," I handed him his phone.
He hesitated for a split second, then dialled the number. Meanwhile, I tried to listen to the conversation, "Hey, Ryan... Um, I can't- Im good you? That's great, listen, I can't be at training... Injured... During the game... Yes, I'm fine... I don't know... A few days maybe? Ok, thanks. Bye."

He sighed and dropped his phone on the bed. He ran his fingers through his light brown hair. I pulled his ankle closer to me and took off the bandages to see what it looked like underneath. Better, but bruising was starting to show. I lightly touched his ankle and he shifted with discomfort. He was in some pain.

"See, you are hurt."
"I know, I know."
"It's a good thing you skipped training."
"I guess..."
"You shouldn't be out for long."
"Ok."
"That's good news then, since you're so eager to get back to the field."
"Yeah."
"I understand that you wanted to practice, but this is best."
"I just wanted to show that I could train at the same level as the guys."
"Adnan, you're capable of doing anything as long as you put your mind to it. For now... We can spend the day together!" I smiled my biggest smile.
"Great."
"Why did you say it like that?"

My smile faded. He just stared at me. My heart stopped beating for a second. The globe stopped spinning. My whole world was on the verge of crumbling apart. I tried to look at his face for hints, but he looked so serious. I couldn't read him at all.

"I'm... Just kidding!" He lightly punched me in the shoulder as I let out a sigh of relief.
"Adnan!"
"I got you! The look on your face!" He laughed.
"Ok, you got me. I was scared for a second, you're quite the actor, you know?"
"Why thank you," he bowed.

We agreed to go downstairs and watch some tv. I let Adnan pick, since he was the injured one. He wasn't able to make up his mind, so I suggested that we watch a movie together. He immediately screamed that he wanted to watch a Disney movie. What a child he can be at times.

"So, what Disney movie is it going to be?"
"Uh..."
"You're telling me you don't even know what movie you want to see?"
"Um..."
"Pick one."
He thought for a second, then shouted, "Tangled!"
"Fine."

I got the movie all set up and played it. The lights were dimmed and a lay next to him. He did that yawn/stretch thing and put his arm around me. I hated when guys did that, but I found it kind of cute with Adnan. He was adorable. I snuggled up to him and rested my head on him.

The movie was great. Honestly, I kind of liked Disney. Out of the princesses, Rapunzel would probably be my favourite and this was my favourite Disney movie. I guess I liked her long hair, but maybe it was a bit too long. Hmm... Then, her eyes would be my favourite part. Such a bright green.

Adnan forced me to get up, several times, to bring over snacks and drinks. The first was for popcorn, followed by cans of coke, and then sweets. I finally got to sit back down, near end of the movie.

"You'd look good like that, you should cut your hair hat short," Adnan said, as Rapunzel's hair was cut short and turned brown.
"What? No," I disagreed, holding my hair.
"I think that hairstyle would look cute on you."
"Um... Well, not going to happen."
"Ok, whatever you want."
"I like long hair."
"As long as Rapunzel's hair?" He joked.
"No, not that long."

The movie continued and during it, we even had a bit of a food fight. Adnan threw popcorn at me and I chucked back a gummy word. It hit his chest and fell to the floor. We exchanged turns throwing stuff at each other. I had never seen this side of him before, but I was starting to enjoy being around the "real" Adnan.

We spent the rest of the day talking and joking around. It was fun and quite relaxing to just have a lazy day. I think what was the best was that Adnan and I were actually getting along. He was a nice person to be around and I didn't mind spending some of my time with him.

Sort of a filler chapter, sorry. Better chapters to come, I'll update as soon as possible.