The Caecus Titan

Year 854 

"Falco!" Udo shouts as I shoot my head their way to see Falco slumped over. 

"Colt! Status report?" Magath asks as he comes out from the room in the trenches. 

Colt huffs and puffs, "It...Was a direct hit...The Eldian unit at the front got blown away," Colt manages to say in between breaths. 

"And the trench?" Magath asks as I put my hand on Colt's shoulder. 

Colt looks behind him and gives me a half-smile, still trying to catch his breath, "It's hopeless! We can't dig any further," He says. 

"We can't? You're calling the shots? An Eldian, giving orders?" Magath asks as I squint at him. 

"Hey! Watch your tone with Commander Magath! You mutt!" A heavyset man says behind him. 

"But...At this rate...." Colt says as I get sidetracked with Falco in the others. 

As I walk over I see Falco clearly, bleeding from his head. I grab some alcohol and bandages from a bag and walk over to the group of kids. 

"Are you drunk, Falco?" Zofia asks as I laugh under my breath.  

"What...What are we going here?" Falco asks as I find a space in between the three.

"He must've hit his head good," Gabi says.  

"Do you remember the war we've been in for four years?" Udo asks as Falco stares blankly at us. 

"Who...Are you guys? Wait...Uh...Wasn't I flying around with a sword just now? Like, woosh! And there were Titans that I-" Falco says as my eyes widen. 

*SPLASH*

"Looks like we're going to have to explain the operation all over again," Gabi says as she pours water on Falco's head. 

"Listen up good, Falco! This battle is the climax of a war that's lasted four years...If we take out Fort Salva- well, technically, if we sink the Mid-East Allied Forces fleet in its port, it'll spell victory for Marley and end the war! But unless we take Fort Salva sitting on high ground, it's hopeless to attack the port," Gabi explains as I hand Udo the bandages while I clear Falco's wounds. 

"Why can't the Marley fleet just do it?" Zofia asks as I pick up Falco's heavy head. 

"Seriously, Zofia?! You have faith in the fleet?! It took those imbeciles four years to control the seas!!" Udo screams as he jerks Falco's head around. 

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!" Falco shouts as Udo tightens the bandages more. 

"And guess what?! They lost half their damn ships doing it!" Udo continues his rant. 

"Ow! Ugh! Ow!" Falco shouts as Udo drags his head up. 

"Now they're telling us they're too chicken to attack till we take the fort?! Screw them all!!! They're pricks!!" Udo screams as Falco's pupils go back in his head. 

"Udo, calm down. Look at what you're doing to poor Falco, looks like his heads going to pop off right from his neck," I say as Udo immediately lets go, leaving Falco to slip down. 

"Heh, whoops, sorry," Udo says as Flaco snaps back. 

"Argh...So what's the deal? Why'd they send us Warrior candidates to the front line? (Y/n)? Can you tell us?" Falco asks me as Gabi makes a snicker. 

"To judge us, obviously! To pick which of us will be the next Warrior!" Gabi says as I look at all four of them. 

"The time is coming...Commander Magath chose the front lines to be our final test. He knows what's on the horizon. The plan to conquer Paradis needs a main player...The successor of the Armored Titan!" Gabi says looking off into the sky.