Chapter 22: Vindicated

AN: The final part to Johan's trial. Enjoy😊

After hearing testimonies from a false witness, Anastasia, Johanna and my father and hearing me give a little speech before judgement was passed down, the doors to the courtroom opened and standing there before everyone alive and well was Commander Reeves. My eyes went wide when I saw that I was right and he actually was a alive. In my mind, I thought I heard angels singing and I thought to myself, thank you anime logic!

Reeves saw me chained to the pole and he approached me, kneeled down and said, "Johan, are you all right? You're not hurt are you?"

I opened my mouth to say I was all right, but unfortunately I couldn't because of the magic circle under me. Reeves also saw the circle and he said, "I see."

Just then, Teacher Eric's first landed on the polished wood and he exclaimed, "What is the meaning of this?! Who the devil are you?!"

Reeves stood up, looked at the council and said, "I am Commander Reeves, Honorable Ones!"

Eric glared at him and said, "You're not Commander Reeves! The good commander is dead! You're just an imposter posing as Commander Reeves just to save this boy!"

Eric then shouted for the guards to remove Reeves from the vicinity and just as the guards got close to him, the commander said, "I am Commander Reeves and I can prove that I am!"

"And what, pray tell, are you going to do?" Eric asked in a snide tone.

Reeves looked at me and then he looked up at the council and said, "Ask me three questions that only I will know. That way, I can prove that I am the real Commander Reeves."

Teacher Camilla then asked, "But how will we know you're telling the truth?"

Just then, Teacher Michael got an idea and snapped his fingers. He then leaned towards Julian and whispered something in his ear and Julian smiled and nodded approving the idea. I watched and Julian reached into his robe pocket and take out a small onyx colored crystal and set it in front of him. Eric also saw it and he asked, "What on earth in that? A crystal?"

Julian looked at him and said, "A very special type of crystal. This is a truth crystal. Back during the three century war, we used them to interrogate our enemies. If the crystal glows green, they're telling the truth. If it glows red, they're lying."

Julian looked at Reeves and he asked, "Do you mind if we use it?"

Reeves shook his head and said with a smile, "Not at all."

I noticed Eric pulling at his collar nervously as the questions started. Teacher Camilla was the first to ask and she said, "All right, first question. What is your name, age and how long have you been in the King's Knights?"

Reeves nodded and said, "My name is Reeves Killsington. I'm 29 and I started in the King's Knights when I was 19 with my friend Aile."

After he answered that, the everyone watched as the crystal glowed green stating that Reeves was truthful on the first question. Teacher Michael asked next and he asked the commander, "Next question. How did you get the position you're in today?"

Reeves then said, "When I started the King's Knights, I was 19. At age 21, I was captain for a few years until I was made Vice Commander at age 25. When the previous commander retired, I was given his position. I was 27 when I received the title of commander of the King's Knights."

After he answered the second question, the crystal glowed green again and Reeves smiled proudly knowing he answered two questions out of three truthfully. Finally, it was Julian's turn and he said, "Now the third and final question to determine if you are the real Commander Reeves. Recite the oath of the King's Knights."