Chapter 3: A Visit From The Prince

AN: Here are more voice actors for the upcoming characters.

Vic Mignogna: Edward
Monica Rial: Anastasia Rosetta
Luci Christian: Elizabeth
Eric Vale: Daniel Rosetta
Caitlin Glass: Johanna Rosetta

Now on with the show😊

As our carriage stopped outside my house, I was about to exit when I saw another carriage parked in the front and judging by how fancy it looked, I knew exactly who it belonged to. I exited my carriage and approached my family who arrived unexpectedly and unannounced. I looked at my father with his combed-back brown hair and red eyes just like my left one and my mother Johanna with her long flowing brown hair and blue eyes and then my sister Anastasia who had the same brown hair and blue eyes as my adopted mother. I then asked them, "What are you all doing here?"

My father, Daniel, approached me, lifted up his hand and backhanded me across my face. He then looked at me sternly and said, "How can you let go of our penchant Johan? I was sending you money so you can live for yourself and what do you do? Start your own "business" so you can earn money for yourself and live for yourself!"

My mother, Johanna, then approached me and said, "Sweetie, the reason we're here is because we're concerned for your well-being and if you made the right choice."

I was rubbing my slapped cheek and said, "I doing fine mother. As for my business, it's prospering just fine. Edgar and I just came back from town to check on the inventory and progress on my products. And also, the money I earn, I don't just keep it for myself, I also give it back to the community."

My mother gasped when I said that and she exclaimed, "How wasteful!"

My father then grabbed my shoulders and started to shake them and said, "Do you realize that you're making a mistake with your half-minded decisions Johan?!"

I slapped his hands off of me and exclaimed, "I make the right choices father! You may not know this, but people are suffering! And my business helps them live!"

My father then stepped back, glowered at me and then said, "Then I'll get the paperwork so you can sign over your business us."

"And who's gonna take care of it? Anastasia? You know damn well she's just gonna embezzle all the hard earned money I earned! You're not taking it away from me. It's my life and it's my choice. Now I'd like you all to leave," I told my "family" with confidence and I was about to enter it when I felt Anastasia grab my wrist.

I looked at her and she looked at me with her big blue eyes and she asked, "Why are you all wet brother?"

I furrowed my eyes at her and said, "I jumped in the pond and saved someone from drowning. Now if you excuse me, I have to go warm up." And I yanked my wrist out of her hand and entered the house with Edgar following behind me.

After Edgar shut the door and I heard my family's carriage roll away, Edgar took off my wet coat and said to me while folding it up so it can be washed later, "You know your father never meant any of that, right?"

I looked down as the water from my hair dripped down on the floor and said, "It hurts to even think about it. I don't know what could've happened to us Edgar. We were so close before, but now it feels like he's slipping farther away from me."

As I was starting to descend the stairs, I stopped and said to Edgar just as he was about to go in the kitchen, "Edgar, I really did start this company not just for me, but for the people. If there's one thing I hate the most is seeing others living in their own squalor and no one is even stepping forward. Which is why I have two accounts in the bank that mother, father and Anastasia don't even no about. I'm not letting them take anything that I've tried so hard to make away from me. It's like taking a newborn infant away from their mother."