Chapter 20: Accused

AN: Here's the next part. Hope you all like it. I've been thinking and rethinking how I should let this part of my story go. I'll try to write the best I can. Also, before I start, I just want to say Rest In Peace to the manga artist who wrote 'Kimagure Orange Road.' I saw the first two episodes as a tribute.😊And now on with the story.😊

After me and Commander Reeves had our mock duel, Edward and the rest of my friends took me to the infirmary so I could rest up. A few hours later, I woke up with Julian watching over me and he told me that he excused me from the rest of my lessons. When I asked him why I felt so weak after the duel, he told it was because I let out too much of my power. He went on to explain that he knew a few people who let out too much magic with no control over it and once they were done, they usually get really tired and weak.

I asked him if anyone died from letting out too much power and Julian told me that a few do, but most just fall into a magic coma for a while so their magic will build up more. After the academy let out, Edgar took me home, cleaned me in the bathroom, helped me change into my nightwear and put me to bed. He even brought up dinner for me so I wouldn't bother going to the dining hall. I told him not to worry too much about me, but Edgar said that he's obligated to since he heard from Edward and the others about me unleashing too much of my magic.

Edgar even told me that I can skip lessons for the week so I can rest and any assignments I get, he'll bring back. I was grateful to have Edgar take care of me. Looking at him, he reminded me of Aoi and I thought, Aoi, if you were here, I would love to have meet my friends. That night, went to sleep with the moon shining on me through my curtains and I dreamt about all my friends coming with me to my world and showing them all my favorite places.

That very morning, I woke up stretching and let out a big yawn. I looked out my window and saw that it was a bit cloudy outside. I thought to myself, usually in an anime, cloudy skies are an omen that something bad might happen. As I got out of bed, got dressed and headed downstairs, I walked into the kitchen where I saw Edgar rummaging through the drawers. When he saw me walk in, Edgar smiled and said, "Good morning Master. How are you today?"

I nodded and told him I felt fine after having a good night's rest. I then asked him curiously, "What are you looking for anyway Edgar?"

Edgar said to me, "I think one of our knives got misplaced my lord because I can't seem to find it."

I looked at the knife drawer where most of our knives are stored and sure enough, I saw Edgar was right because there was an empty space where one of our knives was supposed to be. I then thought, that's odd. Where could it have gone? Suddenly, the two of us heard the sound of wheels and horse hooves coming up the road and getting closer to the house. Edgar and I headed towards the door and stepped outside and after we did, we saw a black carriage sitting in front of the house with the royal emblem on the door.

Surrounding the carriage were the King's Knights on their horses and one of them I immediately recognized as Vice Commander Aile. When the vice commander got off his horse, the other knights did the same and followed him towards the door where Edgar and I were standing. Once he stopped in front of me, I asked, "Is something wrong, Vice Commander Aile?"

Suddenly, the other knights drew their swords and pointed them at me. I got nervous immediately and thought, what's going on?! It was then that I looked at Vice Commander Aile and he said with stern tone in his voice, "Johan Rosetta, you're under arrest for the murder of Commander Reeves."

Mine, and even Edgar's eyes, went wide and I said, "What?! Commander Reeves is dead?!"

It was then that one of the knights cuffed my hands and two of them took me by my arms and led me towards the black carriage.