Chapter 14: Prepping for the Festival

After the whole fiasco with Anastasia and Teacher Eric were over and done with and the board was cleaned off from the vulgar drawing of me after Teacher Julian unmasked it and saw what it really was, homeroom began with me standing at the front next to Julian. Everyone was sitting at their desks and I looked over to Lucian and saw that he had his head down as if he was guilty for not stepping in and helping me this morning.

Just then, we all heard Teacher Julian clear his throat and he looked at the class and said, "Before we start today's homeroom and hear ideas from you all for the festival, I have a quick lesson to teach all of you. Now, I'm sure most of you have heard that Anastasia Rosetta isn't in this classroom anymore and I can answer that question. I banned her from here until further notice till she does her school work on her own. That's the first reason why. The second reason is because this morning, she made a drawing in this room that targeted our Johan here.

"It's not on the board anymore because I just cleaned it, but I'm sure most of you have heard about it. In fact, I can't even think of a term for that drawing and it's hurting me to even think about it. I'm sure you also heard about my colleague Eric attacking Johan with one of his infamous punishments. I'm sure one of you was a victim in the past from one of his tyrannies and I don't blame you. In Eric's mind, you probably did something he didn't like, but you all don't deserve to be hurt, humiliated or embarrassed from his punishments.

"No one in this academy deserves that kind of treatment. And in Johan's case, whether you have more than one elemental power, have two different colored eyes or you're treated differently just for how you treat others or you choose who your friends are. Well I ask you kids, look around the room. Sure, most of us may be nobles, commoners from middle class families or even royals. Well here at this academy, we're something more.

"In this classroom, the person in the desk next to you, in front of you or behind you is not just your childhood friend, your cousin, your brother or even your sister. They're your family. And it's not just in this room either. If you look at the servants side of the academy, they too are your family. I know some masters out there don't consider a servant family, but I've hung around some good eggs that do consider them family. Even the non magic students here, they too are family. And it's not just in this academy, the people you know in town, they are also family.

"The puppet maker, the toy shop owner, the grocer, the baker, even the town's blacksmith, they too are family. Even some countries that are allied with Levinia are also family to us. The King's Knights also see each other as brothers even though they came from different families. In this country, hell, in this academy, bullying is not tolerated. I'm sure we've all been there with one or two people and even with The Church. But I assure all of you, as long as you stay with your friends and rely on that one special someone, you'll be safe and have a happy life and future.

"If Lucian hadn't come and get me during this ordeal, Johan would've been forced to apologize for standing up for himself."

After I heard Teacher Julian say that, I looked over at Lucian, who somehow looked away when he saw me look at him, and I thought, is that where he went? But why didn't he come into the room and help me himself? My thoughts were broken, when I felt Teacher Julian's hand on my shoulder again and he said to the class, "I know that some of you are still unsure whether to trust Johan or not, but I assure you all that this boy is harmless like a butterfly. And I promise you all not just as your teacher, but as the first seat of the magic council that Johan will bear you no ill will."

It was then that I heard Edward call out to the class, "Everyone! Rise!"

I then heard chairs scraping on the floor and I saw everyone stand up from their chairs. Edward then called out, "Bow!" And I saw them do that.