Chapter 5: Starting at the Academy

A week later after the banquet, the day to start the academy has arrived. Edgar told me that the academy was spilt up into three different parts; one side for mages, one for servants and one for non magic users. The only places that all the students are allowed to be together were the auditorium, the cafeteria and the courtyards in the front and in the back. Even the uniforms are different for each part of the academy; students in the mage course wear silver uniforms with dark gray bottoms, students in the servant course wear black uniforms with red bottoms and students in the non magic course wear brown uniforms with black bottoms. And since I'm in the mage course, my uniform is silver with gray bottoms.

The same thing about the uniforms is they have the kingdom's royal family crest sewn on the blazer. After I finished buttoning up my blazer jacket, I inspected myself in the mirror like a girl would do when she tries on a new outfit and I smiled to myself and thought, perfect. Just then, I heard Edgar knock on my bedroom door and say, "Master Johan, are you ready yet? We were supposed to leave a few minutes ago."

I told him that I was coming and soon I grabbed my school bag containing my notepads, pencils and books from the bedpost of my bed and headed out the door to join Edgar. You see, since we live about ten minutes from town and it takes about fifteen minutes to get to the academy, Edgar and I get up early, grab some fruit to munch on and we get in our carriage and head off to the academy just as people start to arrive. I learned from Edward that he and his siblings take about three minutes to get to the academy since their castle was so close and for Lucian it takes five minutes.

While I live fifteen minutes away from the academy and I have to take my carriage over there. Afterwards, Edgar and I arrive just as I predicted and we see some students start to arrive. Edgar told me that since today is the first day, all students must join in the auditorium to get their student ID books and register their magic type by touching an orb that can read what magic you have and if you're either a person of light or a person of dark. As Edgar and I start to walk on the pathway to the entrance of the school, he looked over at me and asked, "Are you nervous Master Johan?"

I looked down and said, "I don't know Edgar. This whole thing feels slightly new to me. I just hope I can fit in here without making a fool of myself."

Edgar was about to say something to comfort me, when there was a sound of loud speaking that made us stop. We both turned around and saw a bunch of female students gathered around like BTS has just come to town, but on closer inspection, I saw that they were screaming for Edward, Cyril and Elizabeth and even Klaus as they strolled down the path wearing a composed look on their faces. I overheard some of the male students saying that Elizabeth looks so pretty and some of the female students saying Cyril looked so handsome, but it was Edward who stood out more and I blushed knowing they were right.

I also saw that Lucian and his servant Gabriel were also getting compliments by how cool they looked and I began to get a headache from all the screaming and I looked at Edgar and asked, "Does this always happen with them?"

Edgar nodded and said, "They're pretty popular since they're from the royal family and Master Lucian is a noble."

I let out a sigh and thought, what is this Vampire Knight?! Now I know how Zero felt with all those day class girls screaming for the night class! It was then that Edward spotted me, waved to me and then he walked over towards the both of us. Cyril and Elizabeth quickly followed behind so they could get away from the growing crowd. As soon as the three of them were in front of us, Cyril hugged me tightly and said while constricting me, "It's so good to see you Angel! A week was just too long for me!"

I then gasped out that I couldn't breathe and he condoned with my wish and let me go. Elizabeth slapped her head and groaned in embarrassment and she said to Cyril, "Do you even realize how hard it is for me to tell my friends that we're related!"