Chapter 33: Helping New Friends

AN: Hey all! Before I begin, I just want to say thanks to everyone who's been reading this ever since I uploaded it. And no, I'm not stopping writing this, don't worry😉I may have said this before, but I plan on making a sequel to this story along with a spin-off. So just wait and see what happens😊So, with that out of the way, let's start this new chapter. Enjoy😊

The next morning, Edgar and I got up to make breakfast before we start classes. Edgar washed the fruit and set the plates and sweets and I made omelets and sausage links. Once everything was set, we heard footsteps coming down the stairs and we looked and saw Lars and Zeke. They stared at the well made food and I smiled and said, "Good morning, you two. We made breakfast for you."

Edgar then said, "It was Master Johan's idea to give you two a homemade breakfast to welcome you to our home for the next few years."

Lars looked at the bracelet around his wrist and then he looked at us and I thought he would start crying. He then said as he had a small smile on his face, "I've been told that as the demon king, getting kindness from humans would be impossible, but being with you, Johan, and everyone else, it doesn't feel so bad."

I placed a kind hand on his shoulder and said, "It's all right. There will be those who will judge you, but that's their opinion."

I then lead the two of them to the table and we all sat down and started to dig in. While we were eating, I saw Lars had tears streaming down his face as he was chewing. I smiled and thought, this is the first time he actually felt at home. After breakfast was done, we all put on our school uniforms and thanks to Teacher Julian and King James, Zeke is now taking the servant course with Edgar and Lars is still in the same course with me and the rest of our friends.

Once we all left the house, the four of us headed to the academy to start our day of learning. Lars insisted to use the disguise he had before, but I insisted he go as himself. However, as soon as we got into town, people who saw Lars started to either whisper amongst themselves or give him glares. Even little kids hid behind their parents as they were scared by seeing him. Feeling nervous, Lars did his best to walk next to me and keep his head down. Seeing Lars act like that, it reminded me of my previous life and how I used to be.

I started to quell in my mind on what to do to help him be more comfortable in his demon form. Once we got to the academy, the students did the same thing as the people in town. I thought in my mind, it's going to be deja vu all over the place, huh? Suddenly, a rock came flying towards us and hit Lars straight in the head. He clutched the side that got hit and I saw it was bleeding.

Edgar and Zeke ran to his side to help him and I heard one of the students shout, "We don't need the demon king in our facility!"

Another one shouted, "Yeah! Go back to where you came from you monster!" And soon, rocks were being thrown at Lars along with a bunch of angry taunts.

I saw Lars starting to cry and lower himself into a ball to protect himself from the stones. I thought, this world or my world, discrimination seems to be everywhere. Suddenly, a voice said, "That's enough!"

I thought it was Julian who said that or one of the other teachers, but instead, it was three students who ran up to us and shielded us from the crowd. I looked at the students and thought they looked familiar. One of them was a girl with short blond hair and green eyes, another was a boy with bulky muscles and short black hair and blue eyes and the last was a girl with long brown hair tied in a ponytail and brown eyes and she was wearing glasses.

Taking a closer look at the three of them, I finally remembered who they were; they were the students who bullied me back when I started the academy. The girl with blond hair shouted at the hecklers, "You all should be ashamed of yourselves! Attacking an innocent person for no reason!"