Chapter 31: The Rescue

AN: Before I begin, I just want to thank all of you for reading this story. And no, I'm not ending this piece of art yet😁I just want to mention that I'm planning more for 'Reincarnated' and I'm gonna plan more adventures with Johan and his friends. I also planning a spin-off to this story series so bear with me a little bit😉That's all I want to say, so without further ado, here's the next chapter. Enjoy😊

Main POV:

After the group entered the black crystal, they appeared in the middle of the dark city right by a marketplace. Once they got there, the boys saw that the people in the demon world didn't look any different than them. Most of them had human faces, fairy wings, reptile scales, etc. Lucian looked confused and he said, "I don't get it? Are we really in the demon world?"

Julian nodded and said, "Indeed we are."

Cyril then said, "So then, why do some them look human. I thought demons were supposed to be misshapen, evil monsters that want to hurt humans."

Julian looked at the citizens and he thought, it's best I tell them the truth later. As they were walking, three kids with cat ears were running by the group laughing and one of them cried at them to wait up. The kid soon bumped into Edward and fell backwards landing on his bottom. The prince knelt down to the kid and said, "Are you hurt little one?"

The child looked at him, shook his head and said, "I'm fine."

The kid took Edward's hand, got off the ground and after Edward told him to be careful when running, the child ran off to join his friends and said while waving, "Thank you, mister!"

Edgar was watching the cat-eared children and he felt a tight clenching in his heart as he remembered his brother had the same feature. Shaking the thought out, Edgar ran to catch up to the group. Cyril and Lucian were wondering if they would ever reach Lars' castle and Edward had thoughts of Johan and the unimaginable things Lars is putting him through. Pretty soon, the castle came into view.

Seeing the big structure up close, Lucian asked, "Now that we're here, how the hell are we gonna get in?!"

Edward started walking around to look and he said, "There's gotta be a drawbridge or a door somewhere."

Just as Edward was about to take another step, Julian shouted, "Watch out!" And he felt his teacher pull him back hard.

Edward was about to ask why Julian shouted like that, but Julian pointed down and the first prince saw the reason. Surrounding the castle was a moat surrounded by inky black water and Julian said, "You got to watch where you're going, kid. One wrong step and you would've fallen in and been consumed."

Edward nodded and he remembered his grandfather telling him when he and Cyril were kids that anyone who falls into black water get eaten away because the water is acidic because it's made from liquified black crystals and one drop can burn away a layer of skin. He looked at his teacher and thanked him for the warning. Cyril looked down at the water and said, "I guess walking across is out of the question."