Chapter 6: The Rumors

A few weeks later after my first day at the academy and my run in with those girl bullies, I left early before Edgar to help Teacher Julian cause as class representative, it's their job to help the teachers with setting up the classroom, sorting the supplies or deliver schedules to the other teachers. As soon as I got to the academy, I met up with Teacher Julian and instantly got to work. While I was working, the two of us also chatted for a while. I learned that Teacher Julian is an old friend of my father, Daniel, and I also learned that he's the first seat in the council of mages. I also learned that not only him, but all the teachers teaching the mage in training students are a part of the council.

For the rest of the morning, I continued to help the teachers and work around the academy and I when I left their office to help Teacher Julian, I overheard them talking a little bit about me saying how kind and helpful I was and smiled inside knowing I left a good impression on almost all of them. But I remembered that one teacher just kept glaring at me as if I was some sort of nuisance. Ignoring that fact, my last job of the morning was to help Teacher Julian carry supplies to to supply closet and he even volunteered to help me seeing that some of stuff was too much.

As we were walking in the halls, I noticed that some students were starting to arrive and either go to their classrooms or join up with their group of friends. When we were walking by one of the windows, I stopped to see Edward and Cyril walking down the path to the entryway. I even saw Anastasia run up to them and I noticed that she had another tin of cookies with her and she was offering them to the two brothers. However, I saw Edward shook his head declining her offer and Cyril even did the same thing and they turned to walk away from her.

As I was watching the scene, I began to think, that's odd. In the game, the love interests accept the sweets from the heroine. So did they decline? I noticed that Anastasia saw me staring her and I also noticed that her eyes were glaring at me. It was then that I heard Teacher Julian calling me and I ran to catch up to him. Once we reached the supply closet and set the supplies inside, Teacher Julian let out a puff of air and wiped his brow. He then looked at me, thanked me for my help and told me that he'll see me in class which I nodded in agreement and headed towards it.

As I was walking towards the classroom, I noticed some of the students I was walking were starting to whisper amongst themselves as soon as they saw me walk past and it got me curious as to what they were talking about. I then remembered that in the game, Johan is known as a troublemaker and I thought, I wish people wouldn't judge others by their character just cause someone looks different. It was then that I reached up towards where my yellow eye was and covered it with my hand.

Letting go of the whispers from the other students, I entered the classroom, headed towards my seat and I was about to sit down, when a voice called out, "Hold it! Don't sit just yet!"

I looked up and saw the mystery student who sits right behind me and also next to Lucian standing before me. Confused as to why he stopped me, I watched him reach down and pick something off of my seat and my eyes went wide when I saw that there were some tacks in his hand. I realized that if I sat down instantly, they would've lodged in my behind and it would have really hurt. I then looked at the student and said, "Thank you. You literally saved my behind."

The mystery student, pocketed the tacks in his pants pocket and said, "Of course. I don't want my baby to walk around with a tacky behind." And I jolted when I felt him slap me on the butt and I thought, what is with these guys kissing me on the hand and touching my butt all the time?!

It was then that I asked the student, "I know you sit behind me, but I don't even know your name?"

The student smiled kindly at me and said, "I guess we haven't been introduced properly since the first day, huh? I'm Lars."