Chapter 7: On Dragon Cliff

After my run in with a few more bullies and I was saved by Edward, Cyril and Lucian, they took me to the academy's infirmary so I can be taken care of. Edward told Cyril to get Elizabeth and Edgar and I was left alone with Lucian and Edward. While we were waiting for Cyril to return, Lucian placed an ice pack on my face and the coldness made me flinch. Lucian pulled back a little and told me that he was sorry.

I them accepted the ice pack and pressed it against my face so the swelling would go down. Edward then let out a sigh and said, "I can't believe those guys ganged up on you like that Johan. I don't know what's overcome most of the students, but I assure you it will be fixed."

I smiled up at Edward, but only a little since my face was still pretty sore. A few minutes later, Cyril returned with Edgar and Elizabeth and they both had panicked looks on their faces. I was hoping Klaus and Gabriel would be with them, but they weren't. I watched Elizabeth pick up my torn blazer and she looked it over with a frown. I heard her click her tongue in annoyance and she said, "Those jerks really ruined your uniform, didn't they Johan? Don't worry, my mother taught be how to use a needle and thread so I'll have fixed up and given back to you by tomorrow."

I smiled when I heard that and I thanked her. I then saw Edgar kneeled before me and he had his head down and I heard him say in a somber tone, "I'm so sorry Master Johan! If I was there with you, those students wouldn't have done this to you! I feel so ashamed to show my face to you right now!"

I saw Lucian place a kind hand on Edgar's shoulder and when he looked up to look at Lucian, I heard Lucian say with a small smile, "No need to worry about it my friend. Edward and the rest of us were there to help him before things turned really ugly. In the meantime, I think you should use your healing magic on your master a little bit, don't you think?"

Edgar saw the big shoeprint on my chest and I saw him place his hand over it and it green light started to glow from it. I watched as two light green butterfly-like wings popped out of Edgar's back as he ran his lighted hand over my chest until it didn't feel as sore anymore. When Edgar was done, he stood back up and his wings disappeared. Curious, I asked, "Edgar, was that what your healing magic does?"

Edgar nodded and said, "I'm a part of the fae line master. Whenever we use our magic, our wings appear to the one we're serving until we're done and just as you and Masters Edward, Lucian and Cyril and Lady Elizabeth witnessed, our wings disappear."

After he explained that to me, I was intrigued cause it made me even more curious about Edgar as well as Klaus and Gabriel too. Before long, classes were over with and Teacher Julian made me borrow a spare uniform until Elizabeth fixed up my other one. I was standing outside with the others and I looked over at Edward and said to him, "Thanks for saving me today, Edward."

Edward shook his head and told me, "It was no big deal. Klaus used his sight magic to predict what would happen to you. If me, Lucian and Cyril didn't come to you in time, it would've been bad in the near future."

I looked at Klaus and thanked him too. Klaus blushed, pushed the bridge of his glasses up his nose and said, "I didn't do it for you Master Johan. I did it for my masters and lady since they like you so much!"

I tilted my head curiously while looking at Klaus's behavior and thought, what is he? A tsundere? I then looked at them again and said, "To thank you for helping me today, how about I make the lot of you some homemade raspberry jam and bring it tomorrow."

"Raspberries? At this time of year?" Lucian asked curiously.

Edgar then added in, "Master Johan knows a greenhouse that grows all sorts of berries all year round even though they're out of season."