Chapter 11: A Day Out

A week after the pillar displays, people were still praising my group for our dazzling performance. Lessons went on like normal for the next few weeks. Before long, the winds have gotten colder and then a few days later the snows began to fall. It was then that the holidays were about to come to the kingdom of Levinia so almost towards the end of the month in December, the academy was let out for a couple weeks for winter break.

I was relieved that there were gonna be no classes for the next two weeks and on the first few days, I mostly spent them reading my books, going shopping with Edgar, checking my profits for my business and coming up with new ideas that might sell. With some help from the few servant girls in my house, Edgar and I decorated the walls, the stair banister and the outside of my house with decorations. I knew my father wouldn't come to visit me during the holidays, but that was okay for me cause as long as it was just me, Edgar and the servant girls, I would be all right.

It was during those times that I began to wonder what Edward and the rest of my friends would be doing for the holidays and I began to think if I should contact them via communication orb, but I changed my mind at the last second not wanting to bother them. A couple days before the first week to winter break was up, I was lying in my bed sleeping and I smiled to myself in my sleep when I dreamed of Aoi, sweets, me with my favorite anime characters or some stuff that were completely random. I was sleeping so peacefully, that I didn't notice the extra weight around me.

And it wasn't just one, it felt like five were lying with me. I started to open my eyes to wonder what or who was in my bed and before I knew it, my eyes widened with surprise when I found out that not only was Cyril laying with me, Lucian, Lars, Gabriel and Adam too. I was so surprised to find out that not just one but five people I know were all laying in bed with me, that I let out a scream of shock and I called out Edgar's name. At the bottom of the stairs, Edgar stood before me and he bowed to me apologetically.

He then said to me, "I'm so sorry you had to wake up with them laying with you Master! I tried to tell them you were still asleep, but unfortunately they decided to randomly go up to your room!"

I let out a sigh of frustration and told Edgar that it was okay and that he tried. I then asked, "More importantly, why are they even here?!"

Edgar was about to explain when I heard Edward's voice from the living room and I walked to the doorway and saw not just him, but President Damien, Elizabeth, Marina and Vice President Tidus sitting on the sofas around the coffee table drinking tea that Edgar probably made for them. Edward saw me standing in the doorway and he smiled and said, "We came here early this morning to visit you Johan. We decided to spend the holidays with you."

Damien also looked at me with his gentlemanly smile and said, "Edward was afraid that you would be lonely since you didn't communicate with him in the last few days. So we all decided to come here for a surprise visit."

I then remembered by "bed buddies" when I woke up and I thought, I was surprised all right. It was Elizabeth's turn to speak and she said, "We noticed you didn't have a tree up yet so with Klaus's help we brought over and decorated it already." And my eyes went wide when I saw beautifully decorated tree the fireplace.

" And my eyes went wide when I saw beautifully decorated tree the fireplace