teen au long distance

a/n: ok so btw, these are just some random memories that jonathan remembers blah blah blab. i wrote this half asleep so ya im so srry and once again juliakittykat helped me with the idea :)

///

A whole year, 12 months, 356 days. That’s how long Lin and Jonathan have known each other. 

Now it was time to finally meet him, the love of his life.

Sure, they were only very young adults, but Jonathan was sure of his statement. Lin-Manuel Miranda was the one for him, his other half, his soulmate. 

/

Jonathan stared out the plane window, grinning and reflecting on the past. 

“i love you jonathan, sm” 3:27 am

“why werent you sleeping :(“ 6:12 am 

“i miss you. a lot”

“i do too, love. just wait, ok?”

“ok. i trust you”

“im glad. you mean so much to me”

“im crying :D”

Incoming call from “groffsaucee :)”

“Don’t cry, please. I-I’ll stay on call. We’ll be okay.” Jonathan pleaded, heartbroken from the sobs he heard on the other end of the line.

“I know,” Lin choked back tears, “As long as I have you, I’ll be fine.”

//

Incoming facetime call from “my favorite idiot <3” 

“Babe?” 

“Jonathan, oh my god,” He took a deep breath, ready to spill his heart out right then and there, “So, I was staring at your profile thing in my contacts, and I wanted to change your name because, well, I got bored of it. Not of you, but of the name! Anyways, I love you a lot by the way, I have selected a few ideas, and I need you to pick one.”

Groff chuckled, used to Lin’s antics by now. “Okay, go ahead. What are they?” At this point, he was actually really curious.

Lin carried his phone all the way from his empty family room, to his own room, and brought the phone close to his chest, wishing he was there. “My love, future father to my kids, guy I fell in love with,” He paused, pretending to think, “And, hmm, my favorite… Daddy.”

Groff snorted, “Is that why you moved rooms.”

“Yes, and so I could do this,” Lin repeatedly and very aggressively, kissed his phone, “Kisses!” 

“God, I love you.”

    “I love you too, now pick!” Lin said, growing slightly impatient. 

“Okay, jeez,” Groff said fondly, “I don’t know, I guess I like… Daddy?”

“New kink unlocked?” Lin replied with a raised eyebrow. 

“Shut up.” Jonathan grumbled, already regretting his answer. 

“Make me.” Lin answered in a sing-songy voice. 

“You’ll get it once I finally come visit.”

“Hm,” Lin smirked, mind racing, “I certainly hope so.”

/

cut to them meeting now >:))

He searched amongst the countless heads. Where was he? It both hurt and excited him knowing that Lin was so close by. How would it feel? How would he feel? 

Before he knew it, Jonathan felt a small, yet firm pair of arms wrap around his torso. 

“Jonathan?” He asked in a shaky voice.

“Holy shit. Lin.” After that, words couldn’t express how they felt. They immediately embraced, trying to become closer and closer, even though it was evident that there was no more room to be occupied. 

Lin slid a hand up Groff’s hair, savoring every slight touch, every breath, everything. He knew how much Jonathan loved it when people played with his hair. 

God, he was so amazing. 

Groff wrapped a few fingers around the base of Lin’s neck, savoring every slight touch, every breath, everything. He knew how much Lin enjoyed it.

Standing on his tippy toes, Lin reached for something deeper, a kiss. Their first kiss, their first interaction. 

Lin didn’t believe in perfect, but maybe this was it? Love couldn’t even begin to explain the adoration and admiration they had for each other. Perfect couldn’t cover it. 

“You’re tall.”

 "And you’re short.”

Taking Jonathan’s hand, Lin smiled. “Guess I’ll be your tour guide. Welcome home.”