update part 2...?

Lin groaned, dragging a hand over his face.

It was nights like these that really got him. The ones where he was so incredibly tired and worn out, but Jonathan. Jonathan was a thought worth entertaining.

He thought back to earlier that evening. His glare, and the way his jaw clenched. He curled up his fists, and had to breathe in and out. The smile he wore was faded, a reminder that love wasn't forever (a raging voice told him that some things just weren't meant to be. This was one of them).

It was a peculiar moment, Lin in his kitchen at two in the morning, hunched over the sink, thinking about one of his closest friends. It would've been okay maybe, just maybe, but not when Lin was imagining Groff like that. Probably splayed out, or hovering over him, or whenever-

"Lin, honey?" Vanessa.

He practically jumped out of his skin, yelping like a lost puppy.

"Holy shit. Sorry, sorry." He was mumbling, his mind fried.

"What?" She was still groggy, longing for his warmth, "No, hey, it's fine. I thought you were sleeping though, what happened?" She snaked her arms around his waist, raising an eyebrow when she vaguely felt something pressing up against her waist, solid and warm.

He cleared his throat, and sighed into the familiarity. "Nothing. I dunno, I think I just need some water."

She pulled away, taking note of his flushed state, and lightly pecked his lips. "Okay, whatever you say. Hurry and come back to bed!"

He grinned, his usual grin (the one that made everyone fall for him), and nodded. Water, and then sleep. In this case, not even sleep could clear away his problems.