another teacher au lol

Jonathan Drew Groff, Drama teacher.

Lin-Manuel Miranda, English Teacher.

They were both friends, and helped each other out whenever they could. Normally, it was Groff who helped Lin, whether that be watching over the class, or helping resolve conflicts between students. This time, it was Groff who needed help.

"Lin!" Jon whisper-yelled.

"Hm?" It was after school, and he was busy grading papers.

"Uh. I need help. If you've got time."

"For you? Always." They traded small smiles. Jon led Lin to the auditorium, and gave him a run down.

"So, you're gonna sing with me. And act."

"Jon... I'm shit at singing."

"What do you mean? I've heard you before! You're amazing. I'm just trying to explain what a ballad is."

"From Middle English, balade." Lin explained.

"Yeah, well. It's a way to express feelings, y'know? Tell a story."

"Okay, cool. What song?"

"I was gonna let the kids choose, let them get an idea of what a ballad is."

"Smart."

"Thank you." Jonathan said, proud in his teaching skills.

Entering the room, Jonathan told everyone the plan. They were set on picking partners, but to mix it up, Groff decided to write out names, and toss it into a hat. (glee anyone?)

"Alright, everyone. You guys have the privilege of choosing what song Mr. Miranda and I will sing today. A ballad, of course."

"Hm, what about Endless Love?" Anthony teased.

"Uh, I don't think that's an appropriate song, Ant."

"Why not? It's a great song, and a perfect example." Jonathan paused and looked at Lin, trying to ask for help. He simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Alright, I guess..."

Everyone looked around in victory. Nico, the lovely person at the piano, started playing the opening.

"My love, there's only you in my life."

"The only thing that's bright."

"My first love
You're every breath that I take
You're every step I make."

"And I, I want to share
All my love with you
No one else will do." They synchronized together quite well. It was awkward, but they rather enjoyed it. They stay across from each other, deciding to look anywhere but each other.

"And your eyes, your eyes, your eyes.
They tell me how much you care.
Ooh, yes." Singing in unison, Jonathan couldn't help but look at Lin. He may have formed a small crush on him, and this really didn't help his case. This was a dumb idea.

"You will always be my endless love." Lin winked at Jon, hoping he'd catch on. The piano chords slowly came to an end, and everyone started clapping. Some even started fake crying.

"Now kiss!" Nobody knows who asked, but soon everyone was.

"Kiss, kiss, kiss!"

"Guys... this is getting out of hand." Jonathan mumbled. Lin, on the other hand, considered it. He stood right in front of him, and quickly pecked him on the mouth. Everyone erupted in cheers, while the two older men became a blushing mess. Jon laughed, and took Lin's face in his hands. One more kiss, much more cheering.

The next morning, they saw the two teachers emerge from the same car.