cringe yw

"Would I be a top or bottom?" Lin asked him one day. It was an odd question, really, but he asked it anyways. He turned his whole body to Groff, who was sitting calmly on the couch. It was so him, the way he was sitting. A leg crossed, and an arm around the couch, phone in the other hand. Lin was accustomed to their living space now, their usual rhythm, but as soon as he opened his mouth, he instantly regretted it.

Jonathan froze, and blushed. Hard. It was unfair of Lin, really, how he had zero toxic masculinity, and was an open guy. On the other hand, Jonathan couldn't, or rather wouldn't, stop the flood of explicit images running through his head.

"Uh, Lin. You know what that means right?" Lin was smart, but who knows. He could just be clueless.

"Yeah," He furrowed his eyebrows, "Like, the dominant one and the submissive one during sex. I was just wondering-"

"Lin!" Groff jumped in his seat, already sweating, "Why? Like what the fuck are you thinking about?" It came out a bit more harsh than intended, sure, but it wasn't fair to Jonathan.

"I just," He paused, blushing, "I dunno. I'm just curious, you don't have to-"

Then there came the guilt, "No. No, it's okay, I'll answer it," He took note of how Lin's eyes lit up, "Um, just let me think." He sighed, and held his head in his hands.

It was such a question, really, Groff's mind was racing. He imagined Lin in bed, and that was already overstimulating his brain, sending sparks everywhere. It was different, then, when he put Lin above him, probably hovering and teasing. Either way, Jonathan had a feeling he was a talker during sex. He shifted uncomfortably, hoping Lin didn't notice.

"Groffsauce? Are you mad? Please don't be-"

"I'm not, I'm not," He reassured, "Just thinking about it." Lin ducked his head, embarrassed by now.

It was different, once again, all at the same time, at the thought of Lin under him. He was such a baby, but surely a tease. A brat, he thought.

Clearing his throat, he looked up, "I don't know."

Lin straightened up, "What? C'mon, I know that look, you do too know!" He pouted his lips, which Jonathan didn't miss.

"A switch, you're a switch. B-But-" He stopped himself, just barely.

"What's that?" Lin asked, "Hey, c'mon, finish your sentence."

Groff hesitated, seconds too long, and he dared to say it, "You definitely lean towards the sub side. It's kinda obvious, really," He leaned forward, noticing how Lin mirrored his movements, "You like following directions, don't you?" He could've said more, he wanted to.

"Yeah," It was a whisper, his voice obviously hoarse, "Okay, okay. What about you, then?" He glanced down at Jonathan's lips, much to his satisfaction.

"Why's it matter?" Jon asked, slightly surprised.

Stuttering, "N-No, it doesn't, I just- It's like- I thought-"

"Lin," Jonathan answered, now slightly worried, "It's fine. I'm a switch too." He tried giving him a smile, not fond of the crease between his brows.

He nodded, face pink, and after a moment of hesitation, "I don't think I'm a bottom!"

Jonathan laughed, loud and full, "Sure, Lin, sure."

"I'm not!" He thrashed around in his seat, groaning.

Jonathan shook his head, eyes full of mirth. He silently walked over to him, and bent down to reach his ear. "Stay here for me, m'kay?" He snaked a hand around his chest, settling for his neck, "I'm gonna talk to Chris, so be good for me."

Walking out of the room, he laughed, brushing everything off with humour.

/

Lin froze, suddenly hyper-aware. Jonathan curled a hand around his neck, not applying pressure, but reminding him that he easily could (and he really, really wanted him too). His voice was deep, and he could practically hear the smile. He had to take a deep breath, and tried ignoring anything other than the thought of "Jonathan."

Definitely a bottom.