hot neighbor thing, teens- but like 17

Lin groaned, getting out of bed. Sundays were the worst, the day right before everything went to hell.

He entered the kitchen, making sluggish movements for his coffee. He wanted nothing but to simply stare out of his window, enjoying the simplistic view of Inwood, NYC. So, naturally, that's what he did. He stepped outside, sitting on his steps. It was quiet, for 9 am in the morning. He didn't usually wake up this early, but he had to. He didn't want to waste the day.

This went on for about a good 10 minutes, Lin just relaxing, taking time to appreciate his home. He was interrupted from his thoughts by a small child, running along.

"Lauren, wait!" A blonde boy, definitely taller than Lin, chased after her.

Lin grinned, laughing softly at the two.

"Look, it's another cute boy, Jon!" The girl, Lauren, exclaimed, pointing right at Lin.

Jonathan glanced up, staring right at Lin. He stood straight, and held Lauren close to his side. "Oh- uh- yeah," He blushed, embarrassed, "Hi." He waved weakly, mentally cursing Lauren.

Lin smiled, suddenly hyper-aware of his appearance. He wore plaid pyjama pants, and a random band t-shirt. It wasn't his best moment. Jonathan on the other hand, wore pristine jeans, and a collared long sleeve, hugging his arms and skinny frame. Lauren also wore a dress, so they must've been attending a formal event of some sort.

"Hey," Lin responded awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck, "T-Thanks. Y'know, for uh, calling me cute."

Lauren nodded smugly, looking up at Jonathan. He just stood there, mouth slightly open. Lauren groaned, and kicked his shins, trying to get a reaction out of him. "Ow! Yeah, yes, you're cute," He stopped, realizing what he just said, "And um, I'm Jonathan, and we have to go."

He hurriedly grabbed the young girl by the shoulder, leading the both of them out of sight. Lin stood, trying to see where they'd run off too, but Jon was already out of sight. His heart sank just a little, his smile slowly being ripped away. He frowned instead, his eyebrows furrowing, and huffed. He suddenly felt bad. Just a sense of wrong. He grabbed his mug, and made his way back inside. So much for making the most out of the day.

/

"Lin! There's someone at the door for you!"

He lazily got up from the couch, mind stuck on that blonde boy. He wondered where he was now.

"Hi." The tall, blonde boy, the same one, was right there, on his front porch. He had slightly pink cheeks, and a toothy grin. He was sweaty and out of breath, as if he ran...

"Jonathan?" Lin stood there dumbfounded, still in his pyjamas.

"Yeah, Jonathan," He ran a hand through his soft hair, "I wanted to apologize for earlier. We, uh, we had somewhere to be. It was my nephew's birthday, and I guess I was embarrassed, so um. Yeah, I just wanted to say sorry."

Lin laughed. He laughed, and he almost cried. He wanted to cry, really, because he spent the last two hours pining over this boy, and now here he was. "That's fine, really. It was cute. I was just wondering what part of Inwood are you from? I haven't seen you around. I would've noticed you."

Jon raised his eyebrows in response, "I'm a bit north from here, actually. My nephew is the one who lives down the block."

Lin nodded, trying to figure out how to shoot his shot, "Do you have a number?"

"A-Are you asking for my number? Like, in a more than friends way?" His voice was high, and his face was now definitely pink.

"I-I well, yeah, I guess. Yes, I am." He stuttered a bit, not expecting him to be this blunt.