coolio

“Hey, if I flirt with Groff, do you think Lin would get mad?”

Leslie looked at Daveed as if he were stupid. And maybe he was, just a tad bit, “What do you mean? Of course he would get mad.”

“But I asked Lin, and apparently they’re not dating.”

“Wait, what. You're telling me that this whole entire time, we thought they were dating?”

“I guess.”

“But why would you want to kiss Jon?”

“To prove Lin wrong.”

“...”

“...”

“Okay, that’s a great idea.”

/

Daveed abruptly entered the pair’s dressing room, and immediately plopped down next to Jonathan. He wrapped an arm around him, and made sure Lin was watching.

“So, Groffsauce.” He silently cringed. He never called him that, and he knew only Lin called him that. 

Jonathan looked at him, obviously confused, “Yes…?”

“Wanna go on a date.” He asked, pulling off a smirk.

“I- well…” He glanced at Lin. They were so in love. 

Daveed looked back at Lin, trying to see his reaction. He was angry. You could see it. He started aggressively cleaning the area, trying to find an excuse to stay and eavesdrop. Not only that, his eyebrows. They were so expressive, Daveed almost laughed. 

“Unless you’re with someone else?”

“Not at the moment, no.”

“Waiting up for someone?”

That made Groff take a double take. “Maybe.”

That was all he needed. He stood up, and said, “Well, just go ahead and ask him out then. I doubt anyone could turn you down.” And with that, he quickly left. 

/

“So, how did it go?” Leslie asked, curious.

“Great. They’re totally in love.”

“I knew it!”

“Didn’t we all.” Anthony stated, rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, but I still don’t understand why they aren’t together. I mean, they’re both single.”

Anthony sighed, and crossed his arms, “Well, Lin has been struggling with his sexuality lately.”

Everyone collectively made an, “O” face. 

The room went silent. Suddenly, “We’re all thinking the same thing right?”

“It’s Grofflin time.”

/

“Wait, so you're telling me they aren’t dating?” 

Anthony nodded.

“And we’ve just assumed they were dating for like a year now??” Pippa asked.

Daveed nodded solemnly.

You learn something new everyday. 

“But they’re in love…” 

“Who’s in love?” Lin asked, suddenly appearing out of nowhere. 

The room went dead silent. Then, Groff suddenly appeared behind Lin.

“Whatcha talking about?” He asked, a smile evident.