cringeee hs teacher au thingy i made at 4 am

Lin approached Mr. Groff, who was peacefully eating his salad.

"Our students think we're dating."

Jonathan's face expressed many emotions in a short amount of time. First was shock, then disgust, then confusion, "Um. Why?"

"Hell am I supposed to know?"

"... I don't even know you."

Lin rolled his eyes, "I know. Nonetheless. I've been eavesdropping all week, and that's the only thing that seemed to reoccur. Every. Single. Fucking. Time."

"Language."

"Look, I just want to know how to deal with this."

"Just address it to your kids."

"I did. But they insist."

"Okay, maybe I'll try with mine. I'll tell you how it goes."

"Alright." He started to walk away, then quickly ran back.

"Uh, just so you know, my name is Lin. Lin-Manuel Miranda."

"Jonathan Groff."

-----------------------------------------------------

Lin was walking the halls, when he saw him.

"So? Any results?"

Jon's face turned red, "No. None whatsoever. In fact, they thoroughly embarrassed me with their accusations."

"Oh. Any kids in particular? We could bring 'em to the side to talk to them."

"Yeah, yes. Daveed Diggs, Anthony Ramos, Jasmine Cephas Jones, Leslie Odom Jr. and Phillipa Soo."

"Great. I've got Renée Elise Goldberry, Okieriete "Oak" Onaodowan, Thayne Jasperson, and Christopher Jackson."

"The football coach?"

"Yeah, especially that guy. He's the one who spread the rumors."

"Oh, wow. I'm sure it's simply a big misunderstanding."

"And I'm sure it's not."

"... Okay. Hold your students back from class, and meet me in the auditorium."

"Sounds good."

"Er- wait!"

"Yes?"

"Do you really plan on bringing the coach into this?"

"Do you want me to?"

"I'd rather not. Surely we can handle this ourselves."

"M'kay." Lin gave him a reassuring smile, and walked off.

Jonathan sighed. He didn't realize how much he liked his coworker. How embarrassing was that?

-----------------------------------------------------

"Do you know why you students have been brought here?"

"So we can watch you kiss? I didn't realize you guys wanted an audience." A few students snickered, while the two teachers blushed immensely, feeling extremely awkward.

"No. We wanted to personally ask you guys to stop spreading around rumors. Mr. Groff and I don't even know anything about each other."

"I mean, that could change."

"Yeah, go ahead and ask him out-"

"We see you checking out that fine ass all the time, Mr. Miranda!"

Lin stood there, mouth agape. What the hell was wrong with these kids? He had really hoped that Jonathan didn't hate him after this.

"Guys... you're making him uncomfortable. Stop. Okay? I'm not going to say it again. Please."

Most of them saw the sudden mood shift, and decided to quiet down. Thayne decided to speak up.

"We'll stop. But seriously, you guys just need to go out, and have a cup of coffee or some shit. You can't spend the rest of your lives alone. We're tellin' you, you two would be the perfect match."

"... Lin?" Jonathan quietly asked.

"Yes?"

"Go out with me?"

They stared at each other, and you would've thought that two adults could ask each other out, but that was not the case here. They were both pink, and Jonathan's hand was slightly tugging on Lin's sleeve. None of them knew when they started kissing, but they did.

You could hear the cheering, and the gagging. Soon, everyone was out of that room, and celebrating the new relationship. The first thing they needed to do was tell Coach J. He loved playing matchmaker.

The pair pulled away, and smiled softly.

"I suppose a cup of coffee does sound nice."

-----------------------------------------------------

"Are you texting Mr. Groff? Awe, you guys are too cute." Renée said over his shoulder. He practically jumped out of his chair.

"Renée! Shouldn't you be heading to your next class?"

"Shouldn't you be grading the English tests?"

"Yeah, yeah," He mumbled. First, the kids bring them together. Now this, "Anyways, did you need anything?"

"No. Mr. Groff just wanted me to tell you that unless you finish all of your work today, he won't give you any kisses."

"What? He brought you into this? Wow. That's the most unprofessional thing he's ever done before."

"... You've literally smacked his ass in front of the school board."

"Well, that was different."

"Look, Mr. Miranda. Just do your work."

"But I'm lazy!"

"Oh my lord. I'll tell you off to Mr. Groff."

"No, please. He's scary when he's angry."

She shook her head and walked out.  Sometimes, it felt as if the students had to look after the teachers. None of them even know how they were qualified.

"I- look, I'll grade the goddamn papers, just don't tell!"

"Alright, Mr. Miranda!" She could hear him let out a breath of relief. She smiled, taking pride in the relationship she helped create.