Chapter 56: Resolve

Indra glared at Ashura, who glared right back at Indra. The ancient entities leaking out killing intent, their chakra oozing off of their bodies like heat from a radiator. "It's time we resolve this brother," Indra began. "Once and for all. Father can't save you now!" 

"If I remember correctly," Ashura said as he unsheathed the sword on his back, watching as Indra's Sharingan sprung to life. "Father was the one to save your life, not the other way around." Indra snarled.

"Because he gave you his power! Without him, you are nothing but a weakling!" He took out his own sword, the moonlight bouncing off the shiny steel as he held it with both hands out in front of him. 

"Stop," Naruto whispered, his Rinnegan springing to life as he cleared his head. "Both of you." He stood up slowly. "You both don't belong here. Your time is finished." 

"Shut up," Indra shouted. "You're a disappointment! You failed your own mission and now deal with the consequences!" Indra flashed in front of Naruto, driving his fist into the white-haired man's stomach. "This a personal feud. Not even you can do anything now." 

"No," Naruto whispered as he grabbed onto Indra's arm, the Otsutsuki's eyes widening in shock as his Sharingan met Naruto's evolved Rinnegan. "I refuse to let you fight." He delivered his own punch to Indra, the fist hitting ten times harder than Indra's punch did. "I'm sick of playing games. I swore to Hagoromo I'd bring peace to this world," He said darkly as he grabbed Indra's hair. "And I will not let your squabble interfere with that." 

"Naruto. . ." Sasuke whispered as he watched his sensei deal with the two unknown entities in front of him. Naruto looked over to Ashura. 

"Are you wanting to fight me as well?" He asked, his voice a monotone. Ashura looked at his hunched over brother and sheathed his sword. "I do not want to you, I want to fight him. He's too dangerous to this world." 

"I will take care of him," Naruto said confidently. He looked down at Indra and used Kamui, teleporting him to the Kamui Dimension. "There, Indra Otsutsuki is no longer part of this world and I'm certain he cannot get out of the Kamui Dimension, if he does anyone who has access to Kamui will be able to tell." 

Ashura nodded. "I see," He met Naruto's eyes. "Then what of me? If at all possible I'd like to explore this world, uh," He suddenly chuckled. "What's your name again?" Everyone on the battlefield who heard him had a large drop of sweat comically go down the side of their heads. 

"My name is Naruto," Naruto said with a chuckle. "It feels good to laugh again, I must admit." Ashura laughed.

"Well Naruto-nii, I'd like to explore the world. I mean, you're going to rule it right? Is that alright?" 

"What?" Was the collective gasp that filled Naruto's ears. Naruto shook his head. 

"I guess it is fitting you call me brother, I mean, we do share the same father in spirit. All right, I guess you can travel the world. I trust you not to make a mess of things?" Ashura nodded happily. 

"Yep! When I woke up I saw a lot of your memories as well as the conversation with my father, and I want you to know that even though I'd take a different approach in order to get peace, I'll respect your way and help when need be." 

Naruto nodded. "That's all I can ask. I'm sure you're curious on how the world has changed and the sight of dead bodies isn't really helping to give you a better image, so go out and see. If I need you I'll find you." Ashura cocked his head to the side, confused.

"How?" Naruto smiled. 

"If I concentrate hard enough, I can sense every single life in the Shinobi Nations. I guess having Six Paths chakra made me a sensor of unparelled ability." He looked down at his hand. "I know I can make my old dream a reality."