Chapter 45: The Akatsuki

"A new member again? First we get this dumbass," Deidara barked out, gesturing towards Obito, who only giggled in his Tobi persona. "And now we get Mr. Moodsalot, who's next? A scavenger?" 

"Hold your tongue, Deidara." Nagato hissed through Yahiko's body. "I expect you all to welcome our newest member with zero hostilities," 

"Naruto Namikaze," Kakuzu muttered, his arms crossed over one another. "You have quite the bounty on your head from Konoha." 

"I wonder if you're as strong as the Bingo Book says?" Kisame said with a small glint in his eye. Naruto looked up and saw the crossed out Mist-insignia on the shark-like man's forehead. 

"I haven't opened one of those in awhile, but I guess destroying two of the five major Great Shinobi Villages will put a dent in the process of updating one." Naruto said in a monotone voice. 

"You destroyed Stone and Mist?" Kakuzu said in surprise. "That was you?" Naruto nodded.

"Yes, they were both ashes that I walked upon." Deidara stood up, slamming his hands on the concrete table and pointed a finger at Naruto, glaring. 

"Bullshit! There's no way a single shinobi could destroy the Hidden Stone! They're too-" He stopped speaking as his hand suddenly went to his throat, his eyes bulging slightly. 

"I didn't come here to lie and flaunt off my skills, though if you want the latter you'll have to fight me for such privileged information." He then released Deidara, who immediately began gasping for air. "Then again, I doubt any of you could give me a proper fight." 

"Naruto," Pain said, his eyes slightly narrowed. "Would you perhaps explain so of your strengths and weaknesses? That way we can assess you properly and get you a partner." He then slid a ring down the table. "And you will also need this." Naruto placed the ring on his left thumb.

"How charming," He said to himself. "I guess I'm an all-around fighter. I have many strengths and zero weaknesses. I can go long or short range, though I prefer short because it's easier to hack my opponents in several pieces. I've mastered every single jutsu the Hidden Leaf and the Hidden Mist could offer, including the Forbidden Jutsu that only their respective Kage could look at." 

"No weaknesses, wowie!" Tobi exclaimed, earning a punch from Deidara. 

Konan was frowning. "No weaknesses? Are you sure you aren't being arrogant?" She asked. Naruto scoffed. 

"Arrogance is not one of my traits. I'm possibly one of the strongest, if not the strongest shinobi alive at this very moment. There's a reason why I'm alive at this very moment and not dead in the ditch after you all extracted the Nine-tails from my body and left me a corpse." 

After a moment of silence, Naruto took off his hood. "Please attack me, I won't attack back. You have my permission." Taking him up on his offer, Konan sent several paper shuriken towards the black-haired man, only to watch as they passed through him as if he weren't even there.

"Genjutsu?" She asked.

"Hardly," He said, plucking the table and proving that he was still there. "I'm quite real, Konan." 

"Impressive," Kakuzu commented. "What jutsu is that?" 

"It's nothing you should worry over, it's not learnable, only obtainable." Naruto said. 

'So he's already got Kamui down? When did he have time for that? Oh well, my little brother was always a quick learner. I just wish I could use his telekinetic ability as well as he can.'  Obito thought as he watched Naruto with a smirk on his face.