Chapter 44: Revival

"Naruto Namikaze," The masked man said, their Sharingan glowing through the tiny hole of his orange swirled mask. "We need to have a little chat." 

Naruto drew his sword, pointing it at the masked man that stood in front of him, the same man who had taken so many from him before. "I have nothing to speak of with you. You killed Izumi," He growled. 

"Itachi would've done so himself have I not heard out his plea for help." Naruto's eyes widened, making the masked man raise an eyebrow. "Oh? He didn't tell you? Very well, I shall explain it myself. You see, Itachi sought me out when he was given the task of killing the Uchiha by the elders of the Hidden Leaf in order to stop a coup from erupting. He wanted me to kill those he could not, including Izumi Uchiha." 

"Don't lie to me," Naruto whispered. "Itachi would've spared Izumi, you killed her out of spite just as you did to the Daimyo's son. You hurt my sensei and myself, you're nothing but a monster." The masked man shook his head.

"Your ignorance clouds your judgment, but do not worry. I will cleanse your mind and make you realize the reality of this world." Naruto swiped at the man with the sword in his hand in anger.

"Don't you dare tell me about the reality of this world!" He shouted as his blade passed right through the man to his dismay. "I know the cruelty this world produces! What it turns people into! What it takes away! This reality is broken and I no longer have any desire to fix it!"

"Then you understand," The masked man said quietly. "What if I told you there was a way you could see everyone you've ever lost? To touch, smell, and see them once more?" Naruto faltered, looking at the ground for a moment as his Sharingan deactivated, his dull blue eyes revealing themselves. 

"Why should I believe a word you say?" Naruto whispered, but the doubt and longing in his voice was evident. He wanted it. 

He wanted it all back. 

"Because you are the only person in this cruel reality that I could not strike down, that I could not bare to witness to death. Ever since you were a boy I've watched you from the shadows, protecting you from death." 

"Let's get him while he's training!" An Iwa shinobi said as he led a squad of ten jounin level shinobi to the outside of the training grounds Naruto Namikaze was currently training in, exhausted from having worked all day. 

"We'll make him pay for his father's mistakes!" Another growled. 

"To even fathom the idea of laying a hand on my little brother is fatal," A dark, sinister voice spoke. The Iwa shinobi looked up and saw a single man dressed in a black cloak with red clouds scattered across it with an orange mask that had swirls around it that led to a single red Sharingan that blazed with fury. "Now you will die." 

No one heard the screams of the men as they were torn apart by the masked ninja, nor did Naruto even hear a peep despite being so close to the combat. 

Obito stood over the bodies of the now-dead Iwa shinobi. "Zetsu, clean up this mess." 

"You are the only person in this world that is worth saving, little brother," Obito said as he took off his mask, revealing his distorted face. "And I want to bring peace to this cruel world and throw away this reality for a new one, a better one!" 

"Obito. . ." Naruto whispered. "But you died?" 

"I did. You and I are the same, Naruto. We both wish to bring peace to this messed up world, join me and we can make it into a reality!" Naruto took a step back.