Chapter 21: Sparring

Naruto stood in front of his three Genin, a grin on his face while they just looked at him with blank faces, obviously exhausted from being up since four a.m., though Sai and Sasuke looked less tired than Sakura, who had purple bags under her eyes.

This made Naruto suspicious of what else she had been doing after he training, but in the end, as long as she wasn't endangering herself, it wasn't really his business. 

"Today we will be sparring with Team 8, Team 9, and Team 10 respectively!" 

"That explains why the other sensei are here," Sakura said with a yawn. "But why do we have to spar? We've barely been Genin for two weeks, how much could we have improved?" Naruto laughed. 

"Oh my young and adorable Genin, I don't mean fight them, you're all going to fight me!" Sai had an involuntary shiver run down his back. He knew Naruto Namikaze well, a lot more than Naruto thought he knew him. 

Sai was part of Danzo's Foundation, the ROOT Anbu. 

Four years ago, Naruto Namikaze slaughtered four of their ROOT Anbu, and ten of Ame's Anbu and the only hint they had was broken necks with internal choke methods, making it seem as if Naruto had not even touched the Anbu. 

He remembered what Danzo-sama had said to him before he was assigned to this team. 

Flashback

"Sai," Danzo called for him, a rare occurrence, but a welcome one. Sai approached the old man, bowing. 

"Yes, Danzo-sama?" 

"You will be assigned under Naruto Namikaze's Genin team, you will observe him as well as Sasuke Uchiha and report back to me if anything significant is to happen." 

"What shall I be looking for?" Sai asked, his head still facing the ground. 

"Try and find his strength, he's an anomaly. We never see him train, nor do we know how far his Sharingan has possed or his Chakra Chains, he is an unknown and could one day threaten the village. Report to me how strong he is." 

"And who should I compare him to in order of strength? He had been a Jounin since he was ten-years-old." Danzo was quiet for a moment.

"Madara. . . Uchiha." He finished in a small whisper. "Start with that first as a measuring tool, and if he seems to be stronger, then go to Hashirama, and if he's stronger than that. . ." He trailed off, lost in thought now.

"At once, Danzo-sama!" 

Flashback End

'Madara Uchiha level hm? Well, at least we can all see him in action, though it may not be fair due to us all being Genin." He thought 

"Sensei," A girl with two buns on top of her head started, looking at Might Guy. "What do you mean we're going to be fighting with the other teams and go against him? He doesn't look too strong to me. . ." A bead of sweat dropped from Naruto's head. 

"Him vs. the twelve of us? It doesn't seem fair to him at all." Neji Hyuga said confidently, crossing his arms. 

"Don't underestimate young Naruto!" Guy said, giving them a thumbs up and flashing a bright grin that sparkled as bright as the sun. "He became a Jounin when he was just ten-years-old! He's pretty strong!" 

"Uh, why do we have to fight this guy? Such a drag!" Shikamaru whined. Asuma felt a headache coming along with his lazy team. 

"Because you must learn how to beat a superior opponent while working with different teams," Naruto began, gathering everyone's attention. "Your sensei will be allowed to help you verbally, but not physically. You will have to communicate and work as a team to even have a chance to beat me."