• 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 •

First chapter of MINDBLOWER in 2021!
Here we go, I hope you like it <3

• • •

MAY, 2003.

Days, months and years kept going and everything was better than you could have ever imagined.

You could say now that you had made new friendships that looked promising apart from Matt, Jamie and Andy, but they were special, of course. They were literally almost all day with you, having fun and without any worries, and so was Alex.

Your relationship was perfect, more than you could ask for. Time didn't make him change a bit; he still was as caring, dedicated and sweet as the very first day you both met. Alex was always in a good mood, making you smile and laugh, but that changed suddenly last week:

Their band, which they ended up calling Arctic Monkeys thanks to Jamie, finally finished one album. Your words when that bar rejected their offer to play for them changed Alex's mind, and made him work even harder. Soon, they were looking for places to play again since they had around 18 songs recorded in it... but they received no calls.

The whole band was in a bad mood, but specially Alex. He was truly sad and defeated, it was hard to make him smile while the bad news kept coming, nothing seemed to cheer him up - until one day...

His phone rang.

When he used to listen to his ringtone months ago, his heart would always skip a beat, thinking it could be an offer to play somewhere in Sheffield, but now he didn't even have any hope for that to happen.

So he just sighed before picking up the call.

"Hello?" -He frowned for a second, but then his eyes widened. -"Yeah, it's me... I'm Alex." -He replied, listening carefully to whatever that person was telling him. Your eyes glanced at him. -"O-Of course, we still are available..." -He smiled bigger than you've witnessed this past week. -"June 13th... sure, we'll be there. T-Thank you so much!"

Alex clumsily hang up, his hands shaking. -"Who was that, Al? You look so-"

He didn't let you finish, before you knew it he had hugged you very tightly, making you wrap your legs around him while he spun you around. You could hear him chuckling under you, making your heart happy.

"We did it, y/n, we fuckin' did it!" -He exclaimed, looking up at you. -"They want the band to play at The Grapes in June!"

"What!?" -You gasped, grabbing his face, seeing him nod eagerly. -"I knew you'd do it, love! I'm so happy for you!"

He smiled even bigger than before, placing his lips on yours, kissing you tenderly. You could feel his excitement and nervousness through that kiss. He pulled away, finally allowing your feet touch the floor again. -"I cannot believe it, this is insane!"

"You deserve it, the four of you do." -You said, pecking his lips again.

"Shit, it's true! The lads! We must tell 'em now!" -He turned around quickly, but you grabbed his hand stopping him.

"Alex." -You giggled. -"They're already on their way here, don't you remember?"

"Fuck, it's true." -He ran his hands through his hair. -"Sorry I'm just so nervous, shit!"