𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

"Hey, love. Are you feeling better?"

Oliver's whisper startled you slightly as you cuddled on the other corner of the couch so comfortably that you almost fell asleep again. A low groan left your mouth as you moved to press yourself more against the velvet cushion you were hugging. When you replied to him, your voice came out muffled because of it:

"Yes, I am."

You had spent days with a terrible headache.

So you were relieved to finally feel better, for the shooting pain around your temple seemed to remain no matter what.

However, it didn't surprise you at all given that your brain hadn't stopped thinking about what Alex had told you since you left his house.

All you could do during the day and night was replay the conversation in your head like a broken record — but not only that. When you closed your eyes, you could also picture every smirk, glare and blush of his. It was like Alex was stuck inside your brain, and it made you feel incredibly guilty to have such thoughts while being around your boyfriend.

And, nevertheless, you still didn't figure out if you detested Alex's guts for lying to you, or if you liked him more now for caring about you and your future, even if it was in his own stupid way.

Oliver bit the inside of his cheek, lost in thought. You decided to close your eyes again, and felt the couch sinking beside you.

"I'm glad to hear that. You were starting to worry me, (y/n)." -He admitted.

"Come on, it was just a headache."

"Which has lasted for nearly three full days." -He pointed out.

You opened your eyes again to look up at him, and studied his features. Oliver seemed truly concerned and worried about your health, so you sat up and grabbed his face, pulling him closer to you to peck his lips.

"I know, but I'm fine now thanks to the ridiculously big pill you got me this morning. So thank you, Oli."

He giggled as he recalled how much you complained about the pill, believing it would get stuck on your throat.

"Anything for you." -He replied before leaning down to kiss your forehead. -"Oh, and by the way, Sophia texted me earlier after getting no replies from you."

"She did?" -You lifted your eyebrows. -"Fuck, my head hurt so much I didn't even touch my phone for days. What did she say?"

"She wanted to know if you were okay. I told her you were a bit sick, of course." -He explained. -"She seemed worried."

You sighed. -"I should call her now, then."

You got up from the couch way too fast, and a sudden wave of dizziness almost made you fall backwards. Oliver held you by your waist to prevent it, and once the odd feeling disappeared, you grabbed your phone from the table and sat back down, returning to your previous position.

As soon as you unlocked the lock screen, you could see the green bubble showing the amount of unread messages you had. You complained internally, the thought about replying them all exhausting you.

But when you opened your contacts to find Sophia's, your heart clenched as you read Alex's name at the top of the list. You remembered telling him that you might text him soon, but of course, you still hadn't done it.

For some reason, you still didn't feel ready for such conversation, and much less when you were dealing with a headache. However, that doesn't mean that you hadn't imagined a million of possible talks in your head.