𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

JUNE, 2012.

• Alex's POV.

A few months had passed since (y/n) and I spoke in that pub, and my life had a meaning again.

Hearing her say that she was ready to move on and forgive that bad decision I made in the past was all I wanted, needed; and after that, things had only gotten better between us.

Nothing seemed to be able to separate us again, and honestly, sometimes it even felt like we had never separated ways at all.

That made my heart burst with pure thrill.

But without previous warning, I eventually started to worry about the feelings I was developing.

I didn't quite notice them at first - or maybe I was just trying my best to pretend they weren't real - but as days passed by, everything was more and more obvious to me.

I don't know when it happened, but I just couldn't stop myself from smiling at the thought of her anymore. I couldn't ignore the feeling of my heart pounding against my chest whenever she texted me out of nowhere, or the heat crawling up to my cheeks when she smiled at me.

(Y/N) was the only who had the power to make me feel that way.

She had grown up. She was more confident and determined; but deep down, she still didn't change a bit.

She was the same girl I knew back in Sheffield. She still was the same girl I fell in love with on my way to high school.

The only difference was that she had a boyfriend now, and I had to bear with it.

I mean... I fucked up, I walked out of her life, and she found someone new. As simple as that.

It would be truly selfish of me to intrude now on that relationship by telling her how I was feeling. I just couldn't do that to her, much less when she looked happy to be with him; and she deserved nothing but the best.

So that's why I decided to pour my feelings in the best way I could instead...

With lyrics.

• • •

"So, this man right here," -(Y/n) started, plopping down next to me on the couch. -"Told me a while ago that you are working on a new album. How is it going?"

My eyes widened ridiculously as I choked on my beer, earning a few looks from my mates.

I wasn't sure if it was a reaction to how close she was to me - her side against mine as she rested her head on my shoulder - or because I realized I might have to show some of my writing to her.

Nobody knew that I was writing about (y/n) again yet, and I was worried about them finding out. And there were a few reasons why.

I didn't want to see the lads feeling pity for me, knowing that falling for her again while she had a boyfriend was a losing game, or hear Matt telling me how much he knew it would happen — but making her feel uncomfortable? That was even worse.

What would she even think about me feeling that way? What if she thought I was just playing around? She would definitely leave for good.

"I believe it's going pretty well." -Nick responded with a shrug. -"Alex won't show us any of his work yet, though."

I rolled my eyes at the fact that he had to point that out, and (y/n) looked up at me. I felt her warm breath against my skin as she asked.

"Really? Why so secretive about it?"